FTX Vector

FTX Global

Aerosoft Mega Frankfurt V2

FlyTampa Vienna

Ezok

xacars

FSUIPC

IVAP

Everything is updated and I'm using a GTX Titan X, so 12gb of vram, it's not an issue even for shadow of mordor running at 8k!

My settings are set to 2048res on P3D and REX, density is set to dense (all of them).

So it's very disappointing when you see representatives of LM P3D v3 saying they testes everything maxed out +150 add-on etc and you go to real usage and it crashes like FSX did.

Sure, if you're loading just one airport isolated, pre tested and not an usual IVAO flight, in your VA. 

I'm using P3D since v2, and I'm always defending it for friends, but the real thing is.. P3D v3 is FSX with few tweak, I'll be only convinced when I don't start to see this OOM crashes.

Sorry but I'm really ###### of with this OOM, loosing VA tracked flights, etc

Well, it's certainly more than FSX with a few tweaks, even though you can clearly see its FSX DNA inside. I know you're frustrated, but the only way to get around the OOM limitation is either an aggressive rewrite or a 64-bit build. No marketing speak is going to change that fact. So until they release a 64-bit build, I would just try to dial down some settings or addons if you do get OOMs.

People seem to pinning their hopes on v4 for 64-bit, but then those are probably the same people who pinned their hopes on v3. It'll happen when LM sees fit.

Well, it's certainly more than FSX with a few tweaks, even though you can clearly see its FSX DNA inside. I know you're frustrated, but the only way to get around the OOM limitation is either an aggressive rewrite or a 64-bit build. No marketing speak is going to change that fact. So until they release a 64-bit build, I would just try to dial down some settings or addons if you do get OOMs.

People seem to pinning their hopes on v4 for 64-bit, but then those are probably the same people who pinned their hopes on v3. It'll happen when LM sees fit.

For the record with 64 bit you can have OOMs too lol

• Upvote 1

André

Vector is not helping one bit - dumped that never looked back

Rich Sennett

I'm sure it will.

Crashing with 2.3Gb vram usage, imagine how low my settings already are haha, it's all set to medium, it's ridiculous, when you get to the point of having Top Tier hardware on CPU, Ram, M.2 SSD, GPU, PSU etc and the software crashes, 100% fault on software and not hardware.

I'll stop paying for a next P3D v4 when it releases, I would even ask my money back of v3, honestly I have the same OOM problems that I had on v2

Vector is not helping one bit - dumped that never looked back

Correct that's one VAS hog I only use a few settings from Vector and never had an OOM in P3D V3X

• Upvote 1

André

This was not a native Orbx product - FSPILOTS I think - Orbx put Their name on it - see where I am heading with this - nice try but not Orbx standards imo - good luck with your issues

Rich Sennett

Oh certainly, you're absolutely right. But at least the upper limit is now dictated by your hardware for the forseeable future.

I guess I'll chime in and state I have no VAS issues with FTX Vectors as well. Good thing because I don't like flying without it.

The new AS Berlin and Frankfurt are the worst for OOMs. I even took a step back and tried EDDF in FSX DX10 and OOM, Something is not right.

Oh certainly, you're absolutely right. But at least the upper limit is now dictated by your hardware for the forseeable future.

I guess I'll chime in and state I have no VAS issues with FTX Vectors as well. Good thing because I don't like flying without it.

I agree Daniel we have more headroom to play with :-)

André

Seems like its always the airports that are the problem.  Personally I run all the Orbx regions in addition to what you run except for the airport addons and have never had VAS problem or OOM.

VAS has nothing to do with VRAM unfortunately, so those 12GB do no good in this regard.

Happily running Vector with all options enabled.

An OOM only using 2.3g VAS memory should not be happening. OOM's occur when *something* requests more contiguous memory than you have available. if this were P3D  there would be a lot more OOM's than reported. Something in your setup is using, or trying to allocate a lot of memory.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors