Sign in to follow this  
Cloudhopper

Autobrake and CH Rudder Pedals

Hello fellow PMDG enthusiasts - wonder if someone could help with an issue with the CH Rudder pedals I am experiencing on the PMDG 737NGX.

The problem is - when I brake using the rudder pedals I loose throttle (have to advance the CH Throttle to regain speed) and the only way to eliminate this throttle issue (so the throttles require less forward thrust to move the plane) I have to click the autobrake switch to one of the positions (1,2,3,etc) then back to off. As soon as I do this my CH Throttle regains its sensitivity and less throttle is required for speed. Its almost like the brakes are remaining applied when I press and release the rudder brake on the CH rudder??

Quite annoying as every time you press the rudder brake you have to click the autobrake switch on and off.....

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers!

Lyle

Full names in the PMDG forums please, Lyle.

You failed to mention if you are using CH drivers, FSUIPC, FSX or P3D, etc.  Without any knowledge of your setup I can only suggest you check your control calibrations and brake null zone settings.

Dan Downs KCRP

Being new to the AVSIM posts what full names are you referring too? I have user/password so what do I have to do to sign off a post?

Sorry for my ignorance but couldn't find the rules anywhere..

HELP!

(this is likely another unauthorized post :-))

Being new to the AVSIM posts what full names are you referring too? I have user/password so what do I have to do to sign off a post?

Sorry for my ignorance but couldn't find the rules anywhere..

HELP!

(this is likely another unauthorized post :-))

Use your full name in your signature like mine. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I had this problem too.  Very frustrating.  Anyhow, it turned out to be something I don't fully understand.  I had a null zone set in FSX for the rudder pedals.  Put your null to 0 in FSX and it should work.  I'm not using FSUIPC for control calibration either.  No real reason IMO.

Anyhow, a zero null in FSX completely cures this problem.  Use the CH Control panel or perhaps FSUIPC for nulls.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Thanks Chris for the response - so where do you / did you put the null to 0 in FSX (in the FSX Config file?) I too am not using FSUIPC to control calibration - if you could point me to where you set the null zone I will give it a try.

Thanks again - I appreciate your help.....

Lyle Barnard

I just ran into this issue myself. My saitek pedals broke. No idea when Saitek will start selling them again. Wasn't going to pay a ridiculous prices on ebay and elsewhere for them so I got the CH pedals. Had them before. I prefer Saitek over them but can't for stated reason. Anyhow, I found after googling and experimenting that if you get rid of the brake pedal assignments in FSX or P3d( my sim ) and assign them through FSUIPC it fixes it. Have a friend who was having the same issue and just had him try my fix and it worked. I use a registered version of FSUIPC so I don't know if you can do it with a unregistered version.

Richie Walsh

Thanks Chris for the response - so where do you / did you put the null to 0 in FSX (in the FSX Config file?) I too am not using FSUIPC to control calibration - if you could point me to where you set the null zone I will give it a try.

Thanks again - I appreciate your help.....

Lyle Barnard

In the FSX calibration menu itself.  I believe a file exists too whereby you can reduce it to 0 (zero) since FSX has a tendency to put it at one when the slider is all the way down.  The Standard.XML file in your User/username/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX/Controls contains this null info, however, I just checked and mine are back to 1 (one).  Still works so IDK.

Similar to this image, you'll notice that they have a huge null assigned to the rudder, while the brakes have none (zero).  I had a minor null assigned to my brakes and rudder, but I found that this interfered with the autobrake.  Now I removed the null for the pedals and use the CH control panel for a null.  Ultimately you can also try using FSUIPC to further calibrate the rudder or yoke.  I used it in FS9 but haven't found a need in FSX.  I think my controls are fine without FSUIPC.

dvsfhsdb.jpg

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Hi,  By all means check that the pedals are OK.  During the cruise press Init. and you will see the runway length which will give you some idea of how much auto break you need i.e. low setting for 12,000 ft. and above and high setting for 10,000 and below, not forgetting to arm the spoilers (which was not mentioned in the post). With these parameters in place the need for manual breaking should not be needed until final few feet of runway. This is how I operate. 

Richie thanks for the reply - I set the brakes up in FSUIPC as you suggested and it appears to have resolved the problem with the PMDG autobrake issue - have throttle sensitivity again after applying the brakes without having to click the autobrake switch off and on......

Appreciate you help -

Thanks again -

Lyle Barnard

I copy from the 737NGX introduction manual pages 32, 33

"The PMDG 737NGX is fully compatible with FSUIPC except that we recommend that you do not calibrate your flight controllers through FSUIPC. We recommend that you use the driver/software that comes with your hardware. (Calibrating through FSUIPC may not cause any problems, but in certain circumstances with certain hardware we found that problems existed that could only be resolved by having the user conduct the calibration via the driver/software.)

During testing we have found that in extremely rare circumstances, users with FSUIPC installed would need to delete
their FSUIPC.ini file after installing the PMDG 737NGX in order to get everything playing well together. We recommend that you try this if it seems the NGX is not behaving normally after installation."

Emmanuel Argiropoulos

Emmanuel Argiropoulos

LGMT

https://aviation4all.wordpress.com/

I had an issue with the potentiometers in the CH Pedals. The brake potentiometers are mounted in little seats in each rudder pedal. What I found was that over time they would work their way out of the seats a little bit causing them to not consistently return to the proper position when I released the brakes. I'd have to open up the pedals and reseat them but the problem would recur sooner or later. This issue may have something to do with the problem you are having.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

I copy from the 737NGX introduction manual pages 32, 33

"The PMDG 737NGX is fully compatible with FSUIPC except that we recommend that you do not calibrate your flight controllers through FSUIPC. We recommend that you use the driver/software that comes with your hardware. (Calibrating through FSUIPC may not cause any problems, but in certain circumstances with certain hardware we found that problems existed that could only be resolved by having the user conduct the calibration via the driver/software.)

During testing we have found that in extremely rare circumstances, users with FSUIPC installed would need to delete
their FSUIPC.ini file after installing the PMDG 737NGX in order to get everything playing well together. We recommend that you try this if it seems the NGX is not behaving normally after installation."

Emmanuel Argiropoulos

I have used FSUIPC for my hardware for a long time with minimal issues. In this case it fixes a problem with the CH pedals. I wasn't using it for the brakes on the Saitek ones. I don't have the rudder assigned through it either.

Richie Walsh

I had an issue with the potentiometers in the CH Pedals. The brake potentiometers are mounted in little seats in each rudder pedal. What I found was that over time they would work their way out of the seats a little bit causing them to not consistently return to the proper position when I released the brakes. I'd have to open up the pedals and reseat them but the problem would recur sooner or later. This issue may have something to do with the problem you are having.

Good to know about the POTS - will check mine to ensure its not contributing - Thanks Tom!

Lyle Barnard