Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Carenado Grand Caravan C208 V.2 had been released....

Here it is, Rob. Weather Radar just turned on...the bird looks great! V2.0

I thought it was the EX that got the 2.0 treatment.  G1000 version, yes?

• Upvote 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Wasn't it the EX version that was updated to the v2? The older model hasn't been updated as far as I know. They just updated the EX version with the G1000.

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer

Yes, Carenado's update email to me stated that it was just the 208 EX (G1000) that was updated to v2.   I doubt they'll update the original C208 as above, as it's an early 2010 model and I don't think they're doing the V2 updates that far back.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Here it is, Rob.  Weather Radar just turned on...the bird looks great!  V2.0

Hi Sesquashtoo,

did Carenado add a new Cabin to this version? I always loved this plane, but I don't own this model because, IMHO, the executive class cabin displayed on the Carenado web page just looks odd for such a rugged plane. Your screen shot looks different to me.

Peter

Hi Sesquashtoo,

did Carenado add a new Cabin to this version? I always loved this plane, but I don't own this model because, IMHO, the executive class cabin displayed on the Carenado web page just looks odd for such a rugged plane. Your screen shot looks different to me.

Peter

Hi Peter...well, I can't honestly answer your question. I hadn't flown this plane in awhile.  This is the latest download from my account..with the weather radar.  If this cabin is refreshed, then I'll go with your viewing of it.  It looks great...with high detail.  The plane looks great, sounds great from the turbo-prop...and the weather radar actually works! :))))

We'll go that you think they upgraded the cabin interior. I'm good with that.

Mitch

I think mine was too, but honestly, can't truly bring to mind, Rim....but I downloaded it...and it had the new version with the running weather radar. They might have not changed the name of the file?!?!?

Dunno...but the pictures above are what was downloaded... :hi:

Wasn't it the EX version that was updated to the v2? The older model hasn't been updated as far as I know. They just updated the EX version with the G1000.

The EX model it is then. I only purchased the original Caravan and that download is the original executable from back then. My installation key is also the same...

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

I think you folks are correct, it is the EX version of which I do NOT have.  My apologies! 

I have "C208B Grand Caravan HD Series FSX/P3D" missing that "EX" ... but the email I got from Carenado was clearly indicating I should have an update:

UPDATED TO VERSION 2.0
CARENADO C208B GRAND CARAVAN EX HD SERIES FSX/P3D

IMPORTANT:
-Customers should retrieve a new serial entering to their accounts at www.carenado.com - "My Products" section (old serials are no longer valid).

New Version (2.0)
- P3Dv3 and Steam compatible
- Weather radar added
- XPDR different modes added
- 2D detachable autopilot
- G1000 improvements
- 3D knob technology improved.
- Exterior lighting effects improved
- Performance improved by turning VC screen off when 2D window pops up
- New sounds
- Minor bugs fixed

Customers should uninstall the aircraft before installing this new version and then download the package again from the link provided. Downloads were increased.

CLICK HERE
for the product page.

I think perhaps I should have NOT received this email and was just an error on Carenado's automated emailer process.

Off to go buy the "EX".

Cheers, Rob.

I hope this means they're doing more 2.0 versions of past airplanes.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

New Version (2.0)

- P3Dv3 and Steam compatible

- Weather radar added

- XPDR different modes added

- 2D detachable autopilot

- G1000 improvements

- 3D knob technology improved.

- Exterior lighting effects improved

- Performance improved by turning VC screen off when 2D window pops up

- New sounds

- Minor bugs fixed

Can anyone tell what improvements to the G1000 and autopilot....   is FLC working now and DTO etc...  ?

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

Hi Peter...well, I can't honestly answer your question. I hadn't flown this plane in awhile.  This is the latest download from my account..with the weather radar.  If this cabin is refreshed, then I'll go with your viewing of it.  It looks great...with high detail.  The plane looks great, sounds great from the turbo-prop...and the weather radar actually works! :))))

We'll go that you think they upgraded the cabin interior. I'm good with that.

Mitch

Could you please confirm if the weather radar is inside the G1000, for me that one seems not to be working.

Thanks, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Could you please confirm if the weather radar is inside the G1000, for me that one seems not to be working.

Thanks, Ed

Look at the screenies....it is a stand alone at the bottom of the panel in the middle quadrant.

No weather in the G1000 ... perhaps in the older EX v1 that I'm guessing doesn't have the G1000 based on those screenshots?

Anyway, Mitches pictures are nothing like the EX V2.0 I just purchased.  The EX v2.0 is G1000 exclusive, no other variants (all G1000) in what I just purchased and no weather radar.

Unfortunately the G1000s seem to have a rather high FPS hit for me.

Cheers, Rob.

Look at the screenies....it is a stand alone at the bottom of the panel in the middle quadrant.

Something should be wrong with my EX v2.0, because the panel on your screenies is quite different to the panel I have, with just G1000s. Carenado stuff!

Cheers, Ed

No weather in the G1000 ... perhaps in the older EX v1 that I'm guessing doesn't have the G1000 based on those screenshots?

Anyway, Mitches pictures are nothing like the EX V2.0 I just purchased.  The EX v2.0 is G1000 exclusive, no other variants (all G1000) in what I just purchased and no weather radar.

Unfortunately the G1000s seem to have a rather high FPS hit for me.

Cheers, Rob.

Exactly what I have. My installer said it was EX v2.0, but only getting G1000's on the main panel.

Ed

And no weather radar at all, except one INOP in one of the screens of the G1000.

Cheers, not very happy. Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I hope this means they're doing more 2.0 versions of past airplanes.

I have noticed that all the aircraft that are getting 2.0 versions are ones with G1000 cockpits. I think it is mostly to add the weather radar into them and fix small bugs related to the G1000.

Samuel Scully

I have noticed that all the aircraft that are getting 2.0 versions are ones with G1000 cockpits. I think it is mostly to add the weather radar into them and fix small bugs related to the G1000.

They need to update A LOT of them to add the GTN650/750 for P3D. 

Gregg Seipp