Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Carenado Grand Caravan C208 V.2 had been released....

I have noticed that all the aircraft that are getting 2.0 versions are ones with G1000 cockpits. I think it is mostly to add the weather radar into them and fix small bugs related to the G1000.

Hope Carenado would not pretend to charge for the weather radar to be added to the product at a later date, because it seems it's not there yet (there is one screen on the G1000, that apparently is not working, or at least I couldn't turn it ON). Nothing in the manuals also, nada nada.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I think it is mostly to add the weather radar into them and fix small bugs related to the G1000.

Can you elaborate on this, I can't find any weather radar?  Do they plan to use REX WX Radar integration?

Cheers, Rob.

This is the Carenado's offering of the C208B EX v2.0 both at his website and at SimMarket. As we could all see, there is no offering of a weather radar in this release (yet):

Special Features Version 2.0

Carenado G1000 (PFD and MFD) with Autopilot Control Unit GMC 710.
3D knob technology for operating G1000 knobs
New Landing and Taxi halo effect lights
Vibrating effect on stall and takeoff run.
Cold and Dark start option
Windows lighting scratches effect
Volumetric side view prop effect
Dynamic propeller shines effect.
3D stereo sounds.

Dynamic cargopod weight

Features:

Carenado G1000 (Primary and multi-function displays) with Autopilot Control Unit GMC 710
-TAWS and TCAS with visual and audible alerts
-Fully customizable (AUX page included)
-Inset map with traffic, topographic and terrain awareness option
-3 different wind option display
-MFD map with traffic, topographic and terrain awareness display option
-3D knob technology for G1000 knobs
HD quality textures (2048 x 2048)
3D gauges
Original HQ digital stereo sounds recorded directly from the real aircraft
Customizable panel for controlling windows transparency, instrument reflections and static elements such as wheel chocks and sights props.
Real behavior compared to the real airplane. Real weight and balance. Tested by real pilots.

**This aircraft does not have a complete 2D panel. Only the PFD and MFD have a 2D representation.

Included in the package:

5 HD liveries
1 HD Blank livery
C208 EX Emergency Checklist PDF
C208 EX Normal Procedures PDF
C208 EX Performance Tables PDF
Carenado G1000 PDF
Recommended Settings PDF

So, probably they are either working to add a WX radar in a future release (homemade or REX-Milviz version). Could anyone at Carenado confirm this?.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Hope Carenado would not pretend to charge for the weather radar to be added to the product at a later date, because it seems it's not there yet (there is one screen on the G1000, that apparently is not working, or at least I couldn't turn it ON). Nothing in the manuals also, nada nada.

Cheers, Ed

Can you elaborate on this, I can't find any weather radar?  Do they plan to use REX WX Radar integration?

Cheers, Rob.

Unfortunately I cannot. I am just going off what I have read on the release notes. I'm not too fond of the G1000 and don't really own any of the aircraft they made with the G1000 cockpits.

Samuel Scully

This is the Carenado's offering of the C208B EX v2.0 both at his website and at SimMarket. As we could all see, there is no offering of a weather radar in this release (yet):

Interesting, because the email I received from Carenado says:

New Version (2.0)
- P3Dv3 and Steam compatible
- Weather radar added
- XPDR different modes added
- 2D detachable autopilot
- G1000 improvements
- 3D knob technology improved.
- Exterior lighting effects improved
- Performance improved by turning VC screen off when 2D window pops up
- New sounds
- Minor bugs fixed

Add to that that several of the screen shots show a wing mounted RADAR pod . . .

Don't own that version, contemplating it, though.

Joe Lorenc

Interesting, because the email I received from Carenado says:

New Version (2.0)
- P3Dv3 and Steam compatible
- Weather radar added
- XPDR different modes added
- 2D detachable autopilot
- G1000 improvements
- 3D knob technology improved.
- Exterior lighting effects improved
- Performance improved by turning VC screen off when 2D window pops up
- New sounds
- Minor bugs fixed

Add to that that several of the screen shots show a wing mounted RADAR pod . . .

Don't own that version, contemplating it, though.

I bought the C208B EX two years ago, and what I received from Carenado last Friday was one email announcing a new version - v2.0 - with an integrated WX radar. I installed v2.0 but no WX radar is present, just one WX radar in one of the multiple screens of the G1000, not operative. Probably in a future release, free?, I don't know.

Anyway, I don't like the flight dynamics of this model. Didn't see or feel either the takeoff roll affect they also announced. Disappointed?, YES

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

I wonder if Carenado allow me to downgrade to the older EX v1?

I don't mind the G1000's but I can't turn the FO one off and I take a pretty big hit in FPS ... functionality wise I like the G1000.

Cheers, Rob.

I wonder if Carenado allow me to downgrade to the older EX v1?

I don't mind the G1000's but I can't turn the FO one off and I take a pretty big hit in FPS ... functionality wise I like the G1000.

Cheers, Rob.

I don't own the bird, but, can you edit out the co-pilot side in the panel.cfg?  That would leave it off permanently though, if it worked . . .  Just a thought.

Joe Lorenc

Can anybody please explain how to tell when you've downloaded the most recent version of a Carenado product.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

On the product page, top left just above the description, you'll see the current version. Also, when you download the product, after unzipping it, the installer file normally gives you the version info, before running it (file name).

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

Thanks.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home