Sign in to follow this  
Aharon

How To Run SYSMON version 4 software?

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

I am wondering if any of you have used Sysmon 4.0 software to spot what causes FSX freezes or crashes.

I downloaded Sysmon 4.0 and it gave me two softwares. Sysmon and Sysmom64. I tried to install the former

and then the latter but nothing happened and either of two refused to install or refused to work.

I must be doing something wrong. Yes I used administrator's right to do that.

Anybody know? The software did not come with installation instructions.

I am using Windows 7 Pro and FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2.

Thanks

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

My mistake I am supposed to download ProcessMonitor, not Sysmon version 4!!

Anyway, where do I find logs that ProcessMonitor produces during monitoring please?

Thanks,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

The AVSIM CTD Guide has explicit instructions on how to use the Process Monitor to include how to set up Process Monitor so that only FSX or P3D events are shown as loading (and not Windows or other software events).

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Yep I am trying to master understanding and use of Process Monitor software in order to capture precise

moment when my FSX freezes. Smiling

signCopy.jpg

Jim,

I captured the precise moment of FSX freezing and crash using Process Monitor and I saved it to log

file. Unfortunately, I could not make heads or tails out of reading the log results that

are too cryptic to me.

May I email you the logfile produced by Process Monitor so that you can spot what causes FSX freeze when

flying over water?

Thanks,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

The Process Monitor log is at least 1GB's in size and most likely at least 8 GB's.  No way you can send 8 GB's over the e-mail systems.  I also provided a comprehensive answer to your crashes in the PM you sent me.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10