Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[11JUN16] PMDG DC-6 Cloudmaster UPDATED & Other Goodies!

Captains,

A few moments ago we uploaded a major update to the PMDG DC-6 Cloudmaster that we think you will appreciate!

This new version is 1.10.0044, and comprises some pretty significant changes that fix issues we received in post-release feedback, as well as to add some functionality that was requested after the product hit the market last week.  The master change list for this new update includes the following:

AUDIO

- 3D positioning of all engine sounds

- Open windows/forward right door now admit exterior sounds to cockpit, fade in/out with aperture

- Exterior sounds are doppler-shifted when the airplane is viewed externally

- Exterior sound volume fades appropriately with camera distance from aircraft

- Engine sounds no longer 'pop' when switching views

- Stall horn is silenced

- Stock fire warning bell overwritten with our own correct one

- Aspect ratio is included in exterior volumes (a bit louder in front of the plane)

EXTERNAL MODEL

- All light leaks hunted down and killed

- Geometry and coloring tweaks

INTERNAL MODEL

- Increased texture resolutions: ceiling, sidewalls, glareshield, fuel dump, etc.

- Bolts, bolts everywhere!

- Improved gauge reflections

- Vibration of the whiskey compass

- Other vibrations added to various cockpit parts

- Artificial horizon corrected for level

- Ball corrected for level

- Little texture anomaly fixes and light leak fixes

- Gust lock housing tweak

SYSTEMS

- Modeled fuel volume within the lines so that switching to/thru an empty tank won't immediately kill engine (oops!)

- Engine fire correctly causes engine damage

- Fire warning lights turn off when fire extinguishes

- Increased concentration of CO2 to slightly increase effectiveness as a suppressant

- ADF/RMI needle motion is smooth rather than sudden

- Cold&dark behavior of certain instruments is corrected

- Engines will still turn when mags are off

- BMEP gauges no longer 'go crazy' when cold&dark

- Inactive transponder won't force off-side transponder to deactivate

- Carburetor damage no longer occurs when engine not running, more forgiving of high-OAT climates

- Cabin heater core temp is cooler and POH-compliant

DOCUMENTATION

- Tutorial revised with feedback from users

- Graphical livery installation instructions in Pilot Intro

- POH updates including aux blower

SCENARIOS

- Autopilot logic corrections

- Mixture levers restore correctly in saved scenarios

- Scenario no longer loads with incorrect control deflections

- Gust lock is unlocked before anything else happens, when loading a scenario

MISC

- Additional key commands

- Tweaked 'fall-in compensation' logic that applies to turns

- Tweaked 'artificial dihedral' logic that applies to banks

Not a bad update for the week after initial release, eh?  :hi:

I recognize that many DC-6 customers may be new to PMDG- so it is worth pointing out that we are firm believers in standing behind our product quality, adding functionality as we go, and continually improving the simulation value over time.  This represents just the first update to the PMDG DC-6 Cloudmaster product line- and I imagine more will follow as we continue to evaluate feedback from users and from our Technical team.

I think it is worth pointing out just how much we enjoy working with members of the community who come to us with expert opinions and information, especially when backed by experience operating the airplane.  Our technical team has a number of active DC-6 pilots and flight engineers- and it has been fun for us to pass back customer questions and feedback in order to "double check" our work and iron the kinks out of v1.0.

One of the greatest experiences we get to have during the development of our products is to interact with some folks who are out there in the real world "getting it done" with airplanes like the DC-6, and it is fun to watch the development team and the experts compare notes, exchange ideas, teach and learn. 

I would also like to throw out a general thank-you to those who have taken the time to offer constructive feedback to help us improve this, our first product on the X-Plane platform.  Since 1999, PMDG has maintained an active presence in this forum for the primary purpose of interacting with you, our customers- and I have said many many times that our products keep getting better because you guys come here and develop relationships and bonds with all of us.

As always- you have our deepest gratitude- and we hope you enjoy this update!

How do I get it?:

Easy!  Log in to your account in our eCommerce system, go to your order history, navigate to the download link and pull a brand new copy.  You can run this installer and it will update the installation for you.

You can always uninstall your original installation and then install this new v1.10.0044 too, if you like.  Either method will get you to the same place.

Some Other Goodies!:

We have released the paint kit to allow users to create their own DC-6 liveries.  You can find it on the downloads page on our site.

If you take the time to create a new livery- make sure you come back here and show it off!

MAC Updates:

The MacOS version of the PMDG DC-6 Cloudmaster is over the final approach fix.  We expect to have her available for you shortly!  (Note for our new customers who don't know our forum traditions:  If I say "soon" to something, it is generally recognized as being a kiss-of-death for the schedule... so I was careful to say "shortly" rather than "soon.")  :P

Okay- that is all I have for you this evening- we hope you like the changes!

Alright... Turn four.  Get out there and get it done.

• Upvote 15

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I don't have the 6 yet, but that's great service and a pretty speedy update in just a week! (now - get back to the 747!)

• Upvote 1

Amazing. Great update, and I can now fly out of Las Vegas in 110 degree heat without the engines frying before I start them. THIS is why I love PMDG.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the update, I hope you'll keep updating the DC-6 for XP10 as you port the aircraft to FSX/P3D.

A little bit of nit-picking, but since you're editing the exterior 3D model as well - have you considered adding virtual passengers as 3D models in the cabin, similar to the J41? Also any chance you'll add a pushback function?

You guys must not sleep at all! What a massive update to complete in a week! Also, it shows your dedication to maintaining the reputation of creating super-duper high quality aircraft ;)

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

Also any chance you'll add a pushback function?

You'd be hard pressed to find anyone who pushed back a DC-6. It was much more common to find that you'd pull up parallel to a gate area rather than perpendicular. Note the position of the main cabin door.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

You'd be hard pressed to find anyone who pushed back a DC-6. It was much more common to find that you'd pull up parallel to a gate area rather than perpendicular. Note the position of the main cabin door.

Yes I'm aware of this. But XP10 follows modern airport layouts.

Fantastic! Thanks, downloading now ... can't wait to get my mitts on her.

Very good news. Thanks for the update.

Thanks Robert, will test later on.

Did you have to quote the whole announcement to say that?
  • Upvote 1

ki9cAAb.jpg

Yes I'm aware of this. But XP10 follows modern airport layouts.

Hi Iain, you have these options which will probably work .. will be testing the ez pushback later myself.

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/19258-ez-pushback/ (I think this will be the better option of the two)

http://x-plane.joanpc.com/plugins/xpgs-ground-services ... (I'd only use the pushbackoption with this set ...)

Fantastic update for a week! 

Just something I would like to clear up - seeing as though X-Plane has the ability to simulate rain drops on the cockpit windows, is there any possibility of adding that functionality to the DC-6? 

seeing as though X-Plane has the ability

To be clear: this is not a default function.

Kyle Rodgers