Sign in to follow this  
Lewicide

v2.0 released

Weather radar, G1000 improvements, improved compatability P3Dv3, bug fixes

See Carenado site

Silly me.

I received the email telling me about the update and thought that it was free.

My order page appears unchanged but the email link to a new purchase gives access at a cost.

Just re-download your original purchase (if it was from carenado) other retailers may take a while to get the update

Think people are getting confused here...... the V2 update of the C208 EX (G1000 model) is free to owners of that EX model.

But this is not a free upgrade from the original Carenado C208, to their later EX model.

The C208 (released 2010) and the C208 EX (released late 2013) are different products.

• Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

Somebody knows where the h... is the weather radar?. How do I turn it ON?.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Hello, there. Some from Carenado around?

Could Carenado confirm if the C208B EX v2.0 only includes G1000 in the main panel and also confirm where is the weather radar located and how to turn it ON (there's nothing in the Manuals to address that!)?. Thanks.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I've just bought the new version and although it has more of an unreal feel to it than say recent offerings like the Commander.... it's OK..ish.

As to Weather radar my guess is that all we get is a wx radar housing modeled on the leading edge but no actual gauge.

It's the small Garmin knob, clockwise. I don't see a way to adjust anything.

Don Nelson

This seems a terrific upgrade from Carenado.  The pitch axis is much less twitchy and the multi-intensity lights are great.  The G1000  upgrades are nice as well with a few more formats I think (ARC HSI mode) and other things.  The 'Fuel & Payload' loader in P3D will not update though?  Can add fuel but payload forget it...just goes back to 2 180 lb first row occupants.  I'll just live with it I guess but would be nice to recreate real payloads on this beast.

Can anyone confirm that this update actually has a working weather radar? If so, and back to Ed's point, how do you turn it on?

Thanks.

Murray Dreyer

Ok, a little more detail this time. On the middle display, lower right corner, big knob select map, smaller knob, turn right four pages until you have a wx display. To test, go up to the window menu bar and select world, wx, thunderstorms. You should see multi colors on the display screen. It seems to be locked in the 5nm - 40nm position. The range knob does not work. Can't seem to adjust anything.

Working radar, no. It's static.

Most other Carenado avidyne units you can scroll the range 0-160.

I bought the Milviz unit a few weeks ago. It works well with ASN.

Don Nelson

Thanks for the clarification. I was expecting something like the radar in the standard 208.

Cheers.

Murray Dreyer