Sign in to follow this  
swiesma

X-Plane noob - first questions

The best X-Plane Airbus is still, IMO, the one from the QPAC project

It's still at an early phase, but flight dynamics and fbw wise very plausible.  Further systems will be added with the upcoming Plus and Premium versions...

Forget about the rest... They either use QPAC's plugin, and add a nice VC, but no more than that, or are simply too far from simulating an Airbus with it's FBW system. Also, see how "expensive" QPAC v2 is...

( beware, if you're a 3d cockpit only simmer - it still doesn't have one! )

The QPAC Airbus is actually the only add-on aircraft I have in my X-Plane hangar right now. I use X-plane 10 only as a visuals generator for Aerowinx PSX.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

José,

Sounds good, the planned QPAC premium version. I still think the FSLABS 320 will be the more complete and comprehensive package. Anything else currently is

somewhat half baked.

Are you using XView with the Aerowinx ?

Mike

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

I just saw this:

Wow.... What a nice video.

What does one need to get something like this? :-D

If I saw it correctly

Drzewiecki New York City

http://store.x-plane.org/New-York-City-XP-_p_431.html

Drzewiecki New York City Airports

http://store.x-plane.org/New-York-Airports-XP_p_355.html

Alabeo Cruz Pipersport

http://store.x-plane.org/Cruz-Pipersport_p_336.html

and SkyMaxx Pro

http://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/product_info.php/skymaxx-pro-p-115

• Upvote 1

Longranger, on 12 Jun 2016 - 6:44 PM, said:

If I saw it correctly

Drzewiecki New York City

http://store.x-plane.org/New-York-City-XP-_p_431.html

Drzewiecki New York City Airports

http://store.x-plane.org/New-York-Airports-XP_p_355.html

Alabeo Cruz Pipersport

http://store.x-plane.org/Cruz-Pipersport_p_336.html

and SkyMaxx Pro

http://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/product_info.php/skymaxx-pro-p-115

Thanks a lot!

I found the FlightFactor 767. Can someone recommend this one?

Just made this screenshot in the demo. I really think this looks amazing given that I am not using any addons whatsoever.

http://www2.pic-upload.de/img/30923052/747-400United_2.png

Thanks a lot!

I found the FlightFactor 767. Can someone recommend this one?

I would avoid Flight Factor to be honest. I bought the 767 and I am very disappointed with it, not only that, but Flight Factor have a tendency of charging in excess of $5 per livery for the aircraft.

Don't give PMDG's newly released DC-6 a miss! Its a 'MUST' buy for X-Plane.

I just saw this:

Wow.... What a nice video.

I don't have this but I have MIAMI scenery, It was disappointing. The textures were really blurry and they used FSX baked lighting. It looks like 10.50 should give us those nice high rises ! 

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

I would avoid Flight Factor to be honest. I bought the 767 and I am very disappointed with it, not only that, but Flight Factor have a tendency of charging in excess of $5 per livery for the aircraft.

Thanks. It's really hard to find a decent airliner for X-Plane I guess :-/

I love PMDG - but I am not interested in "old" planes. :-)

What's disappointing about the 767 to you? 

Have you tried the IXEG 737 Classic? Unless that qualifies as "old" plane for you ;)

I would not base your purchase choice on one single opinion. Have a look at this series of very in-depth reviews of it by FlightSim481:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpqM_XqugLOhosSDoZddW-qHRrnMsErJa

Keep in mind that he is rather nitpicky for these videos. His other reviews are also highly recommended. 

True, at least regarding Jets.

Why not try a Turboprop, e.g. the Saab 340 is very well done.

Due to the flawed Turboprop implementation you can`t believe anything regarding Turboprop engines in P3D/FSX. Except the Majestic Dash-8 with its custom implementation.

However, generally Turboprops are better represented in XPlane.

Mike

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

José,

Sounds good, the planned QPAC premium version. I still think the FSLABS 320 will be the more complete and comprehensive package. Anything else currently is

somewhat half baked.

Are you using XView with the Aerowinx ?

Mike

Exactly, XView 1.2 ( the latest available version with more than 1 yr ). Works super smooth - much better than with FSX / P3D which is always full of stutters...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Who buys the livery packs, when the free liveries are on the same level?

I always question when people praise the nights in X-Plane. I know about the improved lights but the way it handles light, everything is pitch black. It's almost crushing the black channel. There's no ambient light from the moon, no light pollution, no beautiful clear nights. It's always soul crushingly black, to a point where you can barely see your own plane when watching it from the outside. I'm even running Gamma at 3.5 and upped the brightness with MaxxFX. It's like that new colour everybody talked about, vantablack. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

767 is great, better than the DC-6 in many respects.

I love PMDG - but I am not interested in "old" planes. :-)

Get the 767, it's the best airliner for XP next to the IXEG.

Who buys the livery packs, when the free liveries are on the same level?

Usually better, much better. The payware liveries are honestly complete garbage.

I always question when people praise the nights in X-Plane. I know about the improved lights but the way it handles light, everything is pitch black. It's almost crushing the black channel. There's no ambient light from the moon, no light pollution, no beautiful clear nights. It's always soul crushingly black, to a point where you can barely see your own plane when watching it from the outside. I'm even running Gamma at 3.5 and upped the brightness with MaxxFX. It's like that new colour everybody talked about, vantablack. 

It's like that IRL. Dark, really really dark. You shouldn't be able to see your plane from the outside when it's dark out in flight. Unless there is a significant amount of moonlight but IDK if XP renders moolight.

It's like that IRL. Dark, really really dark. You shouldn't be able to see your plane from the outside when it's dark out in flight. Unless there is a significant amount of moonlight but IDK if XP renders moolight.

No, it's not. Yes, when no moon is out, no light sources anywhere close, it's like that. When over a city, the moon is out, you should have a ton of light pollution, lighting up the entire sky. The moon should give a nice ambient glow -- At times, the ambient light from the moon can make nights really bright in real-life. XP doesn't render any of that, so it's pitch black constantly, always.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB