Hi

I need some help as I just bought a 9" monitor to have the GPS run on it and I can move it from my view which I have three monitors for.

1st problem the small monitor became my main menu monitor so I succeeded to change that

Now I can not put my prepar 3D in full 3 monitor screen because it jumps to the forth monitor Cover a Free GPS I downloaded from one oF the members posts .

I need to have still a full view on my main three monitors 24" and have the GPS separate on my new 9" monitor

I have Navida latest card and I am using the multiple surrounding option on it

Thanks for any input

Hi.

I also have the 1080 running surround view on three monitors. But my 4th monitor is on a second PC which I use for the virtual cockpit. I've just connected it to the 1080 and it does work. There's a few things you need to do...

Launch P3D and go into windowed mode, you can press Alt-Enter to do that.

Drag the view to cross your three 24" monitors to almost fill them.

Open the GPS window, right click and select undock.

Drag this window to your 4th monitor and stretch it to almost fill it.

Press Alt-Enter again to enter full screen mode again.

If it does not fill all three monitors (It didn't when I tried it)

Go to the Menu - Options - Setting and check the full screen settings are correct....

The Display now has two options, ensure it's on the Surround view one

The Resolution should be the biggest one, I have 5920 x 1080 x 32 for mine.

Press OK and you may have to press Alt enter again.

Mine was a bit reluctant to do it, but it got there in the end.

Hope that helps.

But my 4th monitor is on a second PC which I use for the virtual cockpit

Can we assume you meant a second graphics card, not a second PC? Otherwise I want to know how you are doing this!

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

I use two PCs.

The first and slightly weaker, i7-3770k with a R9 290X has one monitor set as VC.

The second a i7-4930K with GTX 1080 runs a three monitor surround cockpit external view.

I use wide view and wide traffic to sync the two and the performance is excellent. I get 40+ FPS on the GTX 1080 with all the scenery settings at max. (Flying over KSFO)

My VC is capped at 60 but can get in to the 100s if allowed. But I have all the scenery at minimum has it's not required.

Just one more thing to note. I use very fast SSD for my Boot drives and I have P3D installed on second very fast SSD in both PCs. This gave me about a 25% improvement in frame rate. I think it's due to the fact that P3D uses a lot of info from C: drive.

Hope that Helps

I use wide view and wide traffic to sync the two...

Hope that Helps

Ah, okay. I have dithered since 2009 over whether to go with Wideview! It's a big jump but since I've now started using a proper panel (with Air Manager) it would actually be doable.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro