Sign in to follow this  
jbcallender

What to use instead of ORBX Vector

​I've seen numerous people say they don't use ORBX Vector, but I am wondering what you use instead to provide that functionality or is it even necessary?  I use ORBX Global and UTX USA2.0 scenery, some FSDT airports. Since P3D 3.2 and now with the update to 3.3, the scenery and texture after awhile seems to devolve into this blob of non-defined color blotches.  I am going to re-install P3D 3.3 fresh and start over.

Thanks for any recommendations.

Jeff Callender  

Jeff Callender

​I've seen numerous people say they don't use ORBX Vector, but I am wondering what you use instead to provide that functionality or is it even necessary?  I use ORBX Global and UTX USA2.0 scenery, some FSDT airports. Since P3D 3.2 and now with the update to 3.3, the scenery and texture after awhile seems to devolve into this blob of non-defined color blotches.  I am going to re-install P3D 3.3 fresh and start over.

Thanks for any recommendations.

Jeff Callender  

As far as I know those are the only two programs available - UTX would be the better choice but a bit of a pain to get up and running on P3D - personally I dont bother with either and will await the new Orbx lower US  LC and leave it at that

Rich Sennett

As far as I know those are the only two programs available - UTX would be the better choice but a bit of a pain to get up and running on P3D - personally I dont bother with either and will await the new Orbx lower US  LC and leave it at that

UTX in P3D. You just install it and it works.. What's hard, easiest add on I have and  have USA, Canada, Europe and the Caribbean. Easy on FPS and looks good. ???

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

UTX in P3D. You just install it and it works.. What's hard, easiest add on I have and  have USA, Canada, Europe and the Caribbean. Easy on FPS and looks good. ???

Tricky install to update for P3D unless they changed it

Rich Sennett

UTX for me. Simple to install. Works with Orbx and/or GEX

Vic

• Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

UTX for me. Simple to install. Works with Orbx and/or GEX

Vic

Its not hard but would be nice if it had a one shot installer last time I used it it didnt

Rich Sennett

Since P3D 3.2 and now with the update to 3.3, the scenery and texture after awhile seems to devolve into this blob of non-defined color blotches. 

Jeff Callender  

This problem is likely independent of UTX and FTX Vectors wouldn't likely fix it either.

I use FTX Vectors because it works very well with SRTM-based meshes.

Its not hard but would be nice if it had a one shot installer last time I used it it didnt

The update process from FSX versions was difficult for sure. But the new installers for a new purchaser just simply install.

Additionally, to me, I find the UTX product more accurate with fewer airport "anomalies" than Vector. On one of my systems I am running both, with UTX layered above Vector - this way I get UTX in an area covered by both and Vector in areas not covered by UTX.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

The update process from FSX versions was difficult for sure. But the new installers for a new purchaser just simply install.

Additionally, to me, I find the UTX product more accurate with fewer airport "anomalies" than Vector. On one of my systems I am running both, with UTX layered above Vector - this way I get UTX in an area covered by both and Vector in areas not covered by UTX.

Vic

Thanks Vic thats what I thought - thanks for the heads up - should be way easier with a proper installer now 

Rich Sennett

Tricky install to update for P3D unless they changed it

Been as simple as it gets for the last year at least, when I first installed UTX. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

I would like to ask what is really wrong with Vector ?

I use Vector and see no issues

Artur 

If you are doing low and slow flight then vector makes sense ..For only airline flying you can do without it

• Upvote 1

You have to ask yourself how important a vector addon is for your flights and enjoyment as compared to default. In my opinion, you will not miss very much if you just leave it default and you can avoid all the trouble that it may cause, fps drop included.

If you fly VFR you get the best accurateness with photo scenery, thus without vector. If you fly IFR, you do not care about vector either.

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR