Sign in to follow this  
jbcallender

What to use instead of ORBX Vector

I have both. UTX and Vector. I only use UTX roads only. Better VAS management. I hate all this airport disabling stuff. Not consumer friendly.

Looking forward to USA LC by ORBX and a option to disable regions with one click please.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

As far as I know those are the only two programs available - UTX would be the better choice but a bit of a pain to get up and running on P3D - personally I dont bother with either and will await the new Orbx lower US LC and leave it at that

I dislike the two part installer as well, Rich, but it's self installing, and shows the dirt road in front of my Stinking Creek farmhouse...

...Orbx Vector can't touch that....bought it...dumped $50 in the toilet...

...I've got every SUPERB version of UTX...putting good LandClass on top of REAL;

Roads

Rail

Coast lines

Water ways

Electrical grid...the list goes on and on....

UTX so vastly improves ANY FSx Based sim beyond belief that I refuse to fly without it....kinda like TrackIR.

If I want fictitious frame-killingly pretty....I will invoke Orbx SCA, or Frame friendly, Magnificent New Zealand or SE Alaska....places where reality based UTXeye-candy gets beaten or does not yet exist.

Just my curmudgeonly way of viewing the world...

Cheers

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

I dislike the two part installer as well, Rich, but it's self installing, and shows the dirt road in front of my Stinking Creek farmhouse...

...Orbx Vector can't touch that....bought it...dumped $50 in the toilet...

...I've got every SUPERB version of UTX...putting good LandClass on top of REAL;

Roads

Rail

Coast lines

Water ways

Electrical grid...the list goes on and on....

UTX so vastly improves ANY FSx Based sim beyond belief that I refuse to fly without it....kinda like TrackIR.

If I want fictitious frame-killingly pretty....I will invoke Orbx SCA, or Frame friendly, Magnificent New Zealand or SE Alaska....places where reality based UTXeye-candy gets beaten or does not yet exist.

Just my curmudgeonly way of viewing the world...

Cheers

Chas

Why do people keep talking about a  2 part installer. There is no such thing, you click install after downloading it, and it installs. Is that complicated?  One click, done!!!!

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

If you fly VFR you get the best accurateness with photo scenery, thus without vector. If you fly IFR, you do not care about vector either.

I have been pondering this today, as I have been making photoscenery - what is the role of vector programs for photoscenery users?

I think they do have some purpose:

1. If you're water masking your scenery, you need the water data - default misses some lakes.

2. I think - but i'm not sure - that you'll get more road traffic, as it follows the vector roads. At any rate, traffic should be better placed.

3. My scenery has power lines - I suspect they're coming from the vector data. Maybe some of the antennas as well, haven't tried turning off the vector program to see if it's placing them.

Can't think of much else that vector data add to photoscenery. If anyone knows - let me know!

I'm trying our Orbx Vector, after buying it in the recent sales - despite the general negativity around here to it. I normally use UTX, which I like. So far, Vector seems fine - not aware of it causing me any problems.

I suspect long term I'll use it for areas not covered by UTX.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Why do people keep talking about a  2 part installer. There is no such thing, you click install after downloading it, and it installs. Is that complicated?  One click, done!!!!

Maybe now but when it first came out there was different installers as P3D progressed - thats the truth

1+

Rich Sennett

Maybe now but when it first came out there was different installers as P3D progressed - thats the truth

1+

Well it's been updated since it first came out. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Well it's been updated since it first came out.

You are both right. Initially, the users of the ORIGINAL FSX versions had to do a two part dance to get UTX updated properly in P3D. Since then they have updated their installers and it's a fast, one step operation.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

You are both right. Initially, the users of the ORIGINAL FSX versions had to do a two part dance to get UTX updated properly in P3D. Since then they have updated their installers and it's a fast, one step operation.

Vic

Exactly but seems Bob doesnt believe me 

Rich Sennett

I must have missed a download, but for P3Dv3.3, I had to run one executable, install a patch and then run the two part installer.  And that is after going through the infernal Flight1 authentication process.  I did this today as i installed everything fresh.

Jeff Callender

You Guys must not have been in the loop when developer was making it work in P3D - Flight1 Forums is an excellent place to visit - lots to learn there 

Rich Sennett

Is UTX world wide? I know Vector is.

Eric 

I have not had any problems with Vector since I bought it several weeks ago. Granted I don't fly the PMDG 777 with legacy scenery addons and maxed AI traffic, either. And it's global versus UTX's North America/Tropics/Europe.

Note that I'm not in any way putting down UTX products, I have them too and like them a lot, I just don't get where all the complaints about Vector come from. It has also been updated significantly since it first released, and also is about to get another major update (1.40.) OrbX OpenLC + Vector is a jaw dropping combination IMHO.

• Upvote 2

+1

I do not want to upset somebody or be off-topic, but at Avsim you can give reputation points (green arrow) if you agree with an other poster instead of using +1. It makes threads not too lengthy with non-relevant information or content. I am just saying this because the reputation system appears not to be used often.

• Upvote 6

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

And it's global versus UTX's North America/Tropics/Europe.

if it doesn't show the dirt road in front of my farmhouse...as UTX does, and the train tracks 5miles away ...as UTX does...and the power company right-of-way 3 miles away and the accurate lake shoreline In west KNOX county near Corbin, KY, ..as UTX depicts...

FTX Global Vector may claim to be global...But if Vector's details around these parts were BLACK, i would be living in a HOLE.

FTXGV resembles a pervericating 5-year-old armed with a water color filled squirt-gun and 1/2 empty magic markers promising to paint inside the numbers on a canvas which is missing the first fifty digits.

At least that's the way it looks from my front porch and 5000 feet above it. Top-down Screenshot comparisons don't lie. I'd be happy to be proven that I didn't flush half-a-hunnert-BUX down the privey with my download.

Cheers,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2