Sign in to follow this  
jbcallender

What to use instead of ORBX Vector

I do not want to upset somebody or be off-topic, but at Avsim you can give reputation points (green arrow) if you agree with an other poster instead of using +1. It makes threads not too lengthy with non-relevant information or content. I am just saying this because the reputation system appears not to be used often.

So you thought you would make the thread even longer?

Is UTX world wide? I know Vector is.

In addition to my above question (still wanting to know), is UTX still being updated like Vector is? 

Eric 

if it doesn't show the dirt road in front of my farmhouse...as UTX does, and the train tracks 5miles away ...as UTX does...and the power company right-of-way 3 miles away and the accurate lake shoreline In west KNOX county near Corbin, KY, ..as UTX depicts...

FTX Global Vector may claim to be global...But if Vector's details around these parts were BLACK, i would be living in a HOLE.

FTXGV resembles a pervericating 5-year-old armed with a water color filled squirt-gun and 1/2 empty magic markers promising to paint inside the numbers on a canvas which is missing the first fifty digits.

At least that's the way it looks from my front porch and 5000 feet above it. Top-down Screenshot comparisons don't lie. I'd be happy to be proven that I didn't flush half-a-hunnert-BUX down the privey with my download.

Cheers,

Chas

Well, I don't get why you had to get so personally offended by what I wrote, which I thought was fair by the way. But anyway, I don't buy my products based on YOUR back porch. ;)

• Upvote 1

Well, I don't get why you had to get so personally offended by what I wrote,

absolutely no offense taken nor was offense meant. Just stating the facts as I see them…

Regards,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

It is also worth noting that GlobalVector is, well, Global. UTX is better in the regions it covers, but huge chunks of the world are simply still missing.

So if you happen to fly only in your neck of the woods, you are probably better off with UTX. But if your Neck of the Woods is Indonesia, or Africa for example, you have no alternative to Vector.