Sign in to follow this  
oliver1234

fsFinance - Your next management system!

Hello!

My name is Oliver Mitchell and I am very excited to announce the developement of fsFinance.

What is fsFinance?

fsFinance (short for Flight Simulator Finance) is an online management system for your virtual fleet. It isn't a virtual airline as such, more of a system to track your flights. At the moment, we currently have 2 modes available - Career and Sandbox.

Career:

Career mode is where you begin with a set budget, and purchase aicraft. As a result of this 'set budget', you will only have enough to buy certain types of aicraft (Cessna's, not a 747). Use these aicraft to operate virtual flights and generate an income to buy more aicraft. Once you have yourself a little money, purchase the more expensive aircraft such as a Boeing 737 - This will increase passenger capacity, range etc.

You can fly different airlines at once, remember fsFinance is all about what YOU want to do.

Sanbox:

Sandbox mode is known as 'Diving in at the deep end'. No budget. No restrictions. Simply operate whatever flights you wish, its up to you. fsEconomy will track your flights.

At the moment, the website is coming along smoothly. This will form the backbone of the system before I can write the program to record your flights. In time, this project will become a first of its type, using a variety of tricks to enable the most groundbreaking features possible.

This whole system will be completely Free, and best of all, this system is going to be UP TO YOU!

Whatever features you would like, ask and thou shall recieve! What would YOU like to see in this? It's up to you! Over the years I have been a simmer, I have always noticed something has been missing. This will fill the gap.

Any suggestions, ideas or just general ideas go to:

olivermitchell.sec@gmail.com

Blue Skies

Oliver Mitchell

• Upvote 2

Sounds fascinating. As a Concorde pilot I guess I'd choose the Sanbox option.

I'm not familiar with fsEconomy. Is it compatible with all aircraft?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

This concept sounds a bit like FSEconomy.  I'm not really sure what it adds to what is already established.  

FSEconomy is compatible with most aircraft.  I do not believe a concorde is mapped at this time.  You could always request to have it added.  There are literally hundreds of aircraft to use with FSE. 

This concept sounds a bit like FSEconomy.  I'm not really sure what it adds to what is already established.  

FSEconomy is compatible with most aircraft.  I do not believe a concorde is mapped at this time.  You could always request to have it added.  There are literally hundreds of aircraft to use with FSE. 

Well, AFAIR FSEconomy is centered around propeller airplanes. The biggest stuff they have are like the constellations etc, and airplanes from the mid-fifties and sixties. I know they have the "all-in-jobs" but that's hardly the reason why people fly on FSE. This is also why FSE isn't for everybody. I love the heavy jets and the concorde, too, and I can tell you that although I love the fact that the guys over at FSE are doing something really wonderful for the community, FSE itself is not my cup of tea ;)

In regards to the OP, this sounds interesting. How will this product fit in in relations to Airhauler, Airhauler 2 and eventually SimAir (REX)?

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

Well, AFAIR FSEconomy is centered around propeller airplanes. The biggest stuff they have are like the constellations etc, and airplanes from the mid-fifties and sixties. I know they have the "all-in-jobs" but that's hardly the reason why people fly on FSE. This is also why FSE isn't for everybody. I love the heavy jets and the concorde, too, and I can tell you that although I love the fact that the guys over at FSE are doing something really wonderful for the community, FSE itself is not my cup of tea ;)

In regards to the OP, this sounds interesting. How will this product fit in in relations to Airhauler, Airhauler 2 and eventually SimAir (REX)?

I know FSE has 727 and 737.  Not sure if they have bigger jets but I'm trying to see the differences here in all these add ons as well.   

Carguy, as far as I know there are no normal jobs in FSE for jets. The only jobs available are "all-in-jobs". If gourmet cooking is what FSE is all about, "all-ins" are drive-through's at MacDonalds...

Makes sense.  I haven't flown any in FSE so I'm not familiar with the bigger birds in FSE.  Thank you for clearing that up for me though.  

Ah, pity. Hundreds but not the only supersonic airliner built. :sad:

I'll see how this project progresses.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I know you say it will not be a virtual airline, but will you be able to set up hubs ands routes? Either way, I'll keep an eye on this and hope it will support X-Plane. 

I'm concerned. It's been 4 days since OP post and they haven't been back since to comment. I hope we hear something soon.

Ciao!

As mentioned, those who wish not to build a virtual fleet should chose the sandbox option - This seems right for you!

As far as I am aware, FSEconomy can be somewhat lacking in aircraft types (don't quote me however, I have never used FSEconomy and go solely from what I read).

In terms of that fsFinance will bring to the market that isn't already here, I am unable to comment on an official feature list as of yet, however expect one to be released in the coming months, possibly weeks.

Also, due to the way fsFinance is being developed, any features you would like to see added, as always simply ask. See the bottom for contact details.

FSEconomy does seem heavily based on propeller aircraft, however I can tell you now that fsFinance will not be. There will be many types available to operate, from a Cessna 172 to a Boeing 787 Dreamliner - It's up to you whether you want to fly cargo, passenger, even helicopters may be included depending on any feedback we receive on this idea.

In relation to other products on the market, this application will be online based, with the programs such as the tracker running offline on the desktop (this is to minimize the effect on FPS). I am pleased that this product will be free and will remain that way. There will be no ads, no hidden costs. I am aware, that everybody seems to say this but I am really in this for the community. I have been a simmer for just over 9 years and I know what people want - Money should not be required to do something, we as a community enjoy.just 5 days! Nice to see :)

I know FSE has 727 and 737.  Not sure if they have bigger jets but I'm trying to see the differences here in all these add ons as well.   

As mentioned previously fsFinance will have a large variety of aircraft to chose from - Any specifics you would like to see, contact via the bottom.

Support for X-Plane?

At the moment, I am looking to, upon initial release to include support for X-Plane. However, no promises - Further information to follow.

Okay, I've ran out of quotations available in one post...

@x-plane 123

Yes, if that is something you would like to see - Email address at the bottom.

@briansommers

Don't worry, I'm still here - I didn't expect such a busy forum after 5 days... Nice to see!

Email me @olivermitchell.sec@gmail.com

• Upvote 1