Sign in to follow this  
Carl27

How to turn off the autopilot alarm after disconnecting it.

After flying in autopilot mode I would disengage it for landing. The alarm will not turn off until I press the AP button again. It's hard to taxi in auto pilot. Thanks for your help.

Carl27

From tutorial page 97:

 Disengage the autopilot by pressing Z or your joystick AP

disconnect button twice.

The trick is you need to press the disconnect button twice, about 1 second between clicks, to properly disconnect and silence the alarm.

• Upvote 1

Andrew Farmer

My flight sim blog: Fly, Farmer, Fly!

You can either click the auto pilot button on the rudder column; OR, (better for heads up) right click the screw on the MCP. Let the alarm sound for a second or two and then re-click either button. This will silence the alarm,as mentioned by captain_adf above. Make sure you leave autothrottle engaged and you can complete your descent manually by controlling with the rudder.

I normally descend to within 100 or 200ft (or equivalent in meters, as you prefer), switch off my autopilot, and complete my descent manually.    

Bernard Walford

I assign a button on my yoke to the AP soft disconnect. 2 clicks is normal. 1 to disconnect and 1 to silence the audible warning. There are options in the FMC to change it.