Sign in to follow this  
ALF1

Blue Screen After 15 minutes

My FSX ran flawlessly until recently started getting blue screen crashes. They have become standard after 15 minutes of flying the NGX with ASN. When the blue screen appears, there is a message up top that says

" A Clock interrupt was not received on a secondary process or within the allocated time interval"

Then a crash memory dump is performed and then I have to restart the computer.

I have not been able to fly for more than 15 minutes for several days now.

Any help would be appreciated.

Take a look into the Avsim's CTD Guide v3. You can find it in the "hot spots" section, it was recently updated.

Good luck, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

blue screens, especially on a system that was recently stable, often point to an impending hardware issue. if the error occurs after a fixed amount of time perhaps your videocard or cpu are gradually overheating. i'd double check that the fans aren't dusty and still spinning well and look at the temperatures..

cheers

-andy crosby

The AVSIM CTD Guide has a section on Blue Screens with pictures.  Please download BlueScreenViewer and post the bugcheck code and the names of the files associated with the crash here and I can tell you exactly what is wrong.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thank you so much guys, Jim, before I saw your reply I read the other gents replies. I am afraid Andy is right. I set my air conditioner on very cold last night after I read his post, and the FSX ran flawlessly for two hours until I turned off the air conditioner and the room got warm. That was the first time in weeks that I had been able to fly,

So, today I disassembled my computer after two long years. You guys are going to whip me here I should not be telling you this. I had never cleaned it and it sits on the floor. Both fans on the cooling system radiator were DIRTY. All the fans on the case--same thing. Both fans on the GTX 780ti same thing. Very carefully I cleaned each and every one of the blades. I've got it up and running now and I am going to give it a try. After that test last night I am almost convinced that, as Andy says, the system after running stable begins to warm up and then I get the blue screen. I snipped the error after I downloaded BlueScreenView but have not learned to upload the photo yet. EDIT, here it is.

http://uploads.im/lJQND.png

27559849071_60dfd162cc_z.jpg

Cleaning out the computer will help but not necessarily fix the problems associated with your BSOD's.  Bugcheck 0101 indicates a possible heating issue but also a hardware driver issue too.  Same goes with the 0124 bugcheck.  I would recommend you run a driver update program to see if you have any out-of-date drivers.  See page 15 of the AVSIM CTD Guide.  If up-to-date and you still get the BSOD's, then lower your overclock next.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thank you Jim, I have been able to fly long hours since I cleaned the computer. How likely is it that the heating issue was causing the other issues ?

I have NVidia drivers 353.06 for my GTX 780ti, can you recommend a better one ?

Thank you Jim, I have been able to fly long hours since I cleaned the computer. How likely is it that the heating issue was causing the other issues ?

I have NVidia drivers 353.06 for my GTX 780ti, can you recommend a better one ?

Seeing the driver usbehci.sys indicates a corrupted or missing Windows usb driver.  I would run the Windows System Check to search for missing/corrupted Windows files.  Details are in the AVSIM CTD Guide, page 13 but here is a link on how to check - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

It could also mean a bad driver for any controller plugged into a USB port.  I would recommend running a driver update program (freeware) to see if you have any outdated hardware drivers (see page 14, AVSIM CTD Guide).  I use Driver Booster which is totally free but has nags to try to get you to purchase a license but it is still free. 

If you are overclocked, here are some BSOD Codes (bugchecks) and possible solutions.  In your OP, the error code did indicate your system is unstable.

CODE    Solution

0x101 - More vcore

0x124 - Increase or decrease QPI/VTT first, if not increase or decrease vcore. Test to see which one it is. On i7 45nm, usually means too little VVT/QPI for the speed of Uncore (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncore). On i7 32nm SandyBridge, usually means too little vCore

Best to just bring your overclock back a couple of notches.  For instance, if you are overclocked to 4.4GHz, bring it back to 4.2GHz.  Or, if not familiar with overclocking, just bring your BIOS back to the Optimal Defaults.

I use the latest NVidia drivers released and have never had any problems.  The AVSIM Hardware Forum has many recommendations in regards to drivers for video cards and the people who post there are usually more knowledgeable than me regarding this hardware.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Thank you Jim, my system is an I7 4790K OC'd from Cyberpower PC to 4.8 Ghz. I know nothing about overclocking.

I am going to go through with it as I had previous these heating errors before I try to fix anything else. Doing fine now.

Seeing the driver usbehci.sys indicates a corrupted or missing Windows usb driver.  I would run the Windows System Check to search for missing/corrupted Windows files.  Details are in the AVSIM CTD Guide, page 13 but here is a link on how to check - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

It could also mean a bad driver for any controller plugged into a USB port.  I would recommend running a driver update program (freeware) to see if you have any outdated hardware drivers (see page 14, AVSIM CTD Guide).  I use Driver Booster which is totally free but has nags to try to get you to purchase a license but it is still free. 

If you are overclocked, here are some BSOD Codes (bugchecks) and possible solutions.  In your OP, the error code did indicate your system is unstable.

CODE    Solution

0x101 - More vcore

0x124 - Increase or decrease QPI/VTT first, if not increase or decrease vcore. Test to see which one it is. On i7 45nm, usually means too little VVT/QPI for the speed of Uncore (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncore). On i7 32nm SandyBridge, usually means too little vCore

Best to just bring your overclock back a couple of notches.  For instance, if you are overclocked to 4.4GHz, bring it back to 4.2GHz.  Or, if not familiar with overclocking, just bring your BIOS back to the Optimal Defaults.

I use the latest NVidia drivers released and have never had any problems.  The AVSIM Hardware Forum has many recommendations in regards to drivers for video cards and the people who post there are usually more knowledgeable than me regarding this hardware.

Best regards,

You know what Jim ? I think that you were spot on. I continue to have trouble, and discovered that my fix was temporary and simply due to the undoing and redoing the connection work.

But after a while the blue screen appeared again, and I say one of the lights on my USB bus go out. I have all my GoFlight stuff USB's connected to the bus, and there is a fault there. It was the yoke's USB, that I later connected directly to the computer and bingo no more problems.

Is this consistent with your suspicions I think most definitely so. Any suggestions for a better USB bus ?

Is this consistent with your suspicions I think most definitely so. Any suggestions for a better USB bus ?

My suggestions are based mostly on what I have seen around the Internet when individuals have unexplained BSOD's or crashes.  I would just make sure the USB port is up-to-date.  There are many USB hubs out there if you need one.  Most computers have more than one USB port though and you can simply move a device from one to the other to see if this fixes the problem.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

When I first read the OPS complaint I suspected a temperature problem. I've seen that several times causing a BSoD.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Jim, I have not done anything of what you suggested because the system ran fine for a good while. And before I have the overclock loaded, I wanted to see if with these bugcheck codes maybe you can pinpoint to the problem easier. I suspect of a USB. Sorry to come back to this but maybe you know exactly what is going on with this ?

As you can see, it involves all 0124 and the same driver .exe

[url=https://flic.kr/p/LhCUFH]29067962991_f441b11495_o.png[/url

According to: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/how-fix-ntoskrnlexe-bsod-3613143/ The ntoskrnl.exe BSOD is usually related to memory. In this case could be bad RAM or from overclocking. Its summer which means higher temperatures could cause overheating. If CPU is working overtime without good ventilation then you could have heat issues.  You should try reducing clock temp. and maybe even swapping mem sticks.

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

I have all my sceneries and airports checked in the scenery library. Do these all load no matter where I am flying ? I am going to try unchecking and leaving only what I will use.

EDIT: that did not work, unchecked everything and still the exact same issue. Thanks for the memory and overclock tip. I wanted to see if something could be done before I mess around with the overclock.