Sign in to follow this  
GodAtum

Not tracking speed or altitude in Xplane

Thank you for releasing v2 for trial :) i installed it today (v2.0.1.2). In Xplane, it does not seem to track the speed or altitude. When flying it has 1 in TAS and GS. I'm using the PSX 747.

Also, it did not want to give me a taxi to gate at CYYZ as it said there were no gates! I will try with my next flight to KBOS.

On the gate issue, CYYZ does have gates.  In  the Info window, under Runway and Gates, you should be able to select the gate you want and then when you say "<CallSign> request taxi to the gate", (Note that the word 'the' is required) you will get clearance to the selected gate.  OR, you can request a specific gate "<CallSign> request taxi to gate 101". 

On the airspeed, there must be something wrong with the XPUIPC setup.  P2A gets TAS and GS direct from XPUIPC/FSUIPC and no other users are reporting this issue.  The only other possibility would be that the aircraft is not reporting it, but I doubt that is the issue.

Regards,

Dave

Thanks. Is there a way to see what altitude is being reported in Pilot2ATC? I remember in v1 there was a box for it.

No. Altitude must be read from the aircraft.  I have considered adding Radar Altitude, since that is not something you can get from most aircraft, but indicated altitude is easily read in the cockpit.  Space is the issue. 

Dave

I think Xview might be an issue: http://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=1911.msg18625#msg18625

- The bad news is that according to the SDK documentation the X-Plane dataref for groundspeed is read only.  Therefore XView cannot update it.

However Xplane itself reports the correct altitude. I will try to test it with P3D this weekend but I think my trial runs out on Friday.

It seems to keep asking me to climb when I am well past the altitude, plus when i ask for descent (when I am at FL360)  it says I am too low and need to climb. I validated my flightplan with my cruising altitude. Are there any logs with might be helpful?

There is a log file that might help me see what's going on.  I'll PM you how to send it to me.

Others are not reporting this problem, nor have I run into it, so likely it is XView or some other add-on that is causing XPUIPC to mis-report the altitude.  Maybe you can see what happens with that feature/software turned off.

Dave