Sign in to follow this  
Guest BryUK

Wilcopub or PSS?

Guest cactus

What do you guys think. Wait for the wilcopub 777 or pss. Wilcopub kinda went sour in the past with the A320 PIC but has has some other nice releases. PSS has had a tough time with criticism on the A330/340 with crummy fps and choppiness. What would you guys think. I am looking for the one that is going to offer more simulated systems. not eye candy which pss has been known for. suggestions?

Guest Johann M

If you want more systems, go for the PSS one. The Wilco 777 is going to be "lite" version, targeted at people who don't want to spend 30 minutes doing preflight preparation. However, the visuals of the Wilco 777 are jaw-dropping!The Virtual cockpit of PSS does not look too promising, but I expect some great systems modeling(for example the weather radar on the ND);-)Hope this helped.Cheers, Johann. :-wave

Guest Phoenix 1

Of course I will be accused of trying to influence your decision .... (Because I am LOL ) No Seriously I'd just like to correct one small part of your statement above regarding eye candy. PSS are certainly not guilty of that as we strive for the most realistic performances of FDE and Panel/systems over and above all else. We have even been accused of lacking in the eye candy department because we dont build the fancy frame rate eating interiors, wing views or opening engine panels some others do.. No, we at PSS believe flight simulation is "a pilot thing" so we build for pilots.. after all, if you wanted to be a passenger, you'd have bought Train Sim :) I won't even try to tell you ours is best because it's subjective.. But good luck in your decision, whatever it may be. I just wanted to put our point across

Me?Forget it, get the Level D 767.....

ngxu_banner.png

Guest cactus

LDS 767? I would be a moron if i didn't already have it.Of course i have it. I have just about every airliner addon that comes out. Phoenix 1I do not have the concorde and I hear that is better simulated. I was referring more to the 320/330 series. For eg, fire handles and eye candy. I did decide to buy the 777 due to Norman's response to one of my posts in the pss forums. Personally I HATE VC's. Why ppl are so hung up on the I do not know. And i agree about making other things like a very detailed passenger compartment. What a flippin waste of time. This is a simulator. It simulates FLYING.Why put any more that 5 minutes of work into the passenger compartment. Not to diss CS C130 but htye have it so a hummer come sout of the cargo compartment. how much time did that take? IMHO use that time to simukate the aircraft systems more realistically. FS( is to "teach" or praactice flying. Not watching a hummer come out of a plane. And thats for all addon's. Why spend tens or hundreds of hours on things like that. Be innovative. look at aeroworx for example and their systems failure and wear and tear. now THAT is what flying is about. good job Henning. In the real life, I am an ATP rated pilot and I think i look at FS a bit different than some people. Some like the eye candy crap. If you only knew what FS and things like VATSIM have to offer the only difference between a real pilot and virtual one is you get paid, not much mind you but you do. Anyways I have decided to buy the 777. i have high expectations. I am a little dissapointed in the A3XX series but no one always makes a perfect product.

Guest aarskringspier

Ive pre-ordered the 777-200LR from PSS because Im curious to see what its going to be like. Things like a functioning WX Radar, and complete systems modelling appeals to me which is why I fly PMDG and LDS. However Ill most likely also buy the feelThere model as well as I love their work and want to support them. Besides; having a 777 to just hop in and fly once in awhile may be nice. its going to have a functioning FMC and some basic systems so its definitley not a bad airplane.

Guest JIMJAM

I will wave down at you as I pass over head at 55 grand mach 2 on my SSTSIM Concorde! This plane is incredible. I also agree that I would trade all the fps eating interiors and other details for more fps and fluidity. But then again Ive heard people complain that the bathroom occupied slider is the wrong color or that emergency door exit letters are too big.

PSS for now.There is not a lots of information available about the Wilco/FeelThere 777 and, quite honestly, Wilco products have yet to impress me, because I am still ticked off about the unfinished A320PIC.

Guest Adverse Yawn

There seems to be a run of Airbus threads of late, all asking the same thing!

"we at PSS believe flight simulation is "a pilot thing" so we build for pilots.."You may be able to get away with that statement somewhat concerning the Concorde (even though SSTsim runs circles around your package) but when looking at the Airbus series (A330/340 included), you guys in no way built a "a pilot thing" for pilots. In fact you

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Wilco is a publisher. If you want to judge how the 777 is going to be, you need look no farther than the ERJ PIC package. Wilco is not FeelThere, they are just the distributor with a shaky past in who they decided to work with as far as products are concerned.If you have a problem with A320PIC talk to the guys at Active Camera. I don't know if it's true or not but the word is they designed the A320PIC package. I for one think ActiveCamera is pretty nice but totally would have missed it if I were judging it based on the A320PIC package...

FS2020 

Guest aarskringspier

>"we at PSS believe flight simulation is "a pilot thing" so we>build for pilots..">>You may be able to get away with that statement somewhat>concerning the Concorde (even though SSTsim runs circles>around your package) but when looking at the Airbus series>(A330/340 included), you guys in no way built a "a pilot>thing" for pilots. In fact you

Randy the only thing in my post where I said I speak for Vic was "I wish you guys the best". All I said above was me and me alone.. Randy for the record Vic does listen to his beta testers suggestions and if everyone put a bug in his ear he may listen as far as making the 777 hardcore. Some of you guys are so biased to PSS it's crazy. PSS makes a subtle slam against FeelThere concerning the VC which is totally false. In this day and age you can have a great looking VC without the obvious performance hit. PSS could do the same thing but I'll leave that one alone...

FS2020 

Guest aarskringspier

>Ive pre-ordered the 777-200LR from PSS because Im curious to>see what its going to be like. Things like a functioning WX>Radar, and complete systems modelling appeals to me which is>why I fly PMDG and LDS. However Ill most likely also buy the>feelThere model as well as I love their work and want to>support them. Besides; having a 777 to just hop in and fly>once in awhile may be nice. its going to have a functioning>FMC and some basic systems so its definitley not a bad>airplane.Dillon above is my original post to this thread long before you ever posted. Blindly loyal to PSS?