Sign in to follow this  
Guest BryUK

Wilcopub or PSS?

Yep, I know that Wilco is the publisher, but Anticyclone, the developer, apparently had a fall-out with them and stopped even supporting the product. Yet Wilco is still advertising and praising the A320PIC on their webpage, although there is no support on both ends, except a user-support group here on Avsim. I don't know the details - I don't want or even have to - but it is the customer who pays the price and that leaves obviously a bitter taste in my mouth about Wilco.

You might change your option about VCs, if you had TrackIR and a great VC like the PMDG or Level-D has. It takes flightsimming to a whole new level, because it exactly gives the hobby computer pilot what you demand - more realism.

Guest Phoenix 1

SUBTLE SLAM ???I meant nothing of the kindYour out of your mind sir

>>We have even been accused of lacking in the eye candy department because we dont build the fancy frame rate eating interiors, wing views or opening engine panels some others do.. <

Eric 

Dillon has had an anti-PSS streak a mile long for the last 3 years. Just ignore anything he says about the company as it's almost certainly based on what was in his thumb at the time he sucked it out.

Guest feeldev

Folks,I think there is no point to fight over which 777 is (will be) the better. I strongly believe the 2 product targets two different market and they can live happily next to each other.I wish our fellow developers at PSS the best and great succes with their 777. Of course I wish the same for us as well ;)Victor

Guest IanP

I'd agree and disagree with you at the same time. I have and love my TrackIR Pro/Vector expansion, but in no way could I possibly say it makes things more real. I still have to switch back to 2d to fly instrument approaches or make control changes (e.g. autopilot heading) that require finess on the controls. You simply cannot get realism when you still have to use a mouse to change settings...That said, I would also highly recommend TrackIR for any kind of visual flight at all. Even simply taxying around an airfield is far easier when you can see your surroundings properly. ;-)Cheers,Ian P.

Guest Phoenix 1

Appreciate the comments Victor , I could not agree more .....and from PSS May I wish you and your product great success(but not quite as much as ours) :)

Guest BryUK

Something to remember which I don't think anyone mentioned...PSS are doing the 777-200LR, 200LRF and 300ERFeelthere are doing the 777-200ER (GE90 only)As such they are not -totally- in direct competition.If you want the newest generation of 777's, you go for PSS. Same for more systems.If you want the 200ER varient, you go to feelthere/wilco.At the end of the day the only way you're still going to get all the varients, including the different engines is with Meljet. So when the PSS bird is released, lets get merging to have those standard 300's and non-GE90 200ER's given the full workings of the PSS panel.