Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

GMT time?

Hello. I live in Norway (UTC +2 during DST). Right now the time is 10.09 locally. It is 08.09 UTC.

If I set my location to ENGM, and press 1. Reset to system time, and 2. tick GMT Time, the time changes first to 10.09 and then to 15.10. I have tried to find the cause in windows regional settings, but I cant find anything. Why isn't P3D v.3.2.3 changing to the correct GMT time?

Further more, I wonder how this GMT Time function is meant to work. Is it supposed to translate local time from my PHYSICAL location (where the pc is), or RELATIVE to the airport where I am going to start up the sim?

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

I think that GMT time function works out from where your default flight's location are.

Suggestion, load default flight, change to ENGM, then save this as default flight. Think that helps.

Hmm but wouldn't that just continue to be messed up everytime I fly from someplace other than my default flight location? I would have to make a new default flight location every time I fly from a different time zone. In addition, in the past p3d and fsx didn't really like to change default file, and it would often get corrupted. Has that changed?

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

Hi Andreas,

I hve foundthe time setting processes for P3D V3 to be almost impossible to define. I have resorted to just changing the P3D setting until I get the chronometer time that I want.

I cannot understand why P3D cannot just set UTC time every time - the airline industry standard.

Good luck!

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Also, never figured this out. I would call it a bug, hope P3D's development team take note. I am also at UTC +2. Setting UTC in the sim, definitely does not put the time in the sim to UTC time at the location I set as the flight scenario.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Hello. I live in Norway (UTC +2 during DST). Right now the time is 10.09 locally. It is 08.09 UTC.

If I set my location to ENGM, and press 1. Reset to system time, and 2. tick GMT Time, the time changes first to 10.09 and then to 15.10. I have tried to find the cause in windows regional settings, but I cant find anything. Why isn't P3D v.3.2.3 changing to the correct GMT time?

Further more, I wonder how this GMT Time function is meant to work. Is it supposed to translate local time from my PHYSICAL location (where the pc is), or RELATIVE to the airport where I am going to start up the sim?

Third party solution:

http://www.3dsoftworks.net/products/fsrealtime/default.asp

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.