Sign in to follow this  
Guest william273

shift-enter

Guest william273

how many of you use the shift-enter keys to lower the view when landing, in a commercial aircraft like a 727 or so on up? thanks, william

Guest william273

also, if so, do you think real commercial pliots might need to raise their seats if their aircraft requires a high pitch up attitude during an approach? william

i use the VC but still sometimes raise my view to get a better view of the runwayI'm sure most pilots have their favorite seat position for all different types of flying

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!I find it is almost impossible to set in midair with a 2D panel. Usually I set it on the ground as part of my pre-takeoff. For 2D I find the last notch where the sky is still visible when the full panel is displayed. One time, forget exactly why, but my bro and I wound up in midair with reset views in an F-18, and it really messes with a visual aproach. Looks beautiful till you're close in, then "How am I possibly that far off the glideslope?"There is greater allowances seemingly with 3D, but I don't push it. I raise the view till the notch before the view out my left is obstructed by the ceiling and usually leave that one alone too.I think the "raising the seat on aproach" is a sim phenomenom. Also, the lower res you run, the more critical it is. But if you run really high res, you might actually mess up by setting it too low by doing what I do... so take it with a grain of salt...I won't go into the details, but once you adjust the seat so you can see over the panel and if need be adjust the rudder pedals for reach you wouldn't normally mess with the height in the actual aircraft. However, all seat backs, pax or crew, should be fully UNreclined during takeoff and landing.Best Regards, Dony:-wave

Guest william273

thanks donny and alex. have you ever heard of "focus factor"? i think that's the name. it's some pill advertised on TV for enhancing your memory. i should look into it. just found an old post of mine asking the same question.:-spacecraft anyway, just tried another test flight in a md83 using 25% fuel in each tank. flew the ILS in auto pilot and saw the runway all the way down. well, till about 500ft or so. backed off the throttle at 160knots to 150 and the glide slope started pulling up a bit with runway going out of sight. i increased throttle back to 160 and the glide slope started dropping again with runway coming back into sight. from some of the cockpit video clips i have, most airliners seem to have the runway in sight during approach, at least the ones i have. i have some homework to do here. if all else fails there is a solution. fly GA aircraft. william

Guest william273

i was practing with fuel tanks full so that could have been the problem. so far just using 25% fuel in each tank seems to make a difference. i somehow forgot about making that change during test flights. william