Sign in to follow this  
Vantskruv

Rotating GNS530 dials and setting heading is way too sensitive

As the title says, setting VOR frequency at the GNS530, the millesimal dial is too sensitive.

Also setting the heading on the HSI:s is too sensitive and somewhat jumpy.

And while I am at it, is it possible to change source using VOR 2 instead for VOR 1? I like that device much more and it is easier to setup, I dislike the GNS530.

As the title says, setting VOR frequency at the GNS530, the millesimal dial is too sensitive.

Also setting the heading on the HSI:s is too sensitive and somewhat jumpy.

And while I am at it, is it possible to change source using VOR 2 instead for VOR 1? I like that device much more and it is easier to setup, I dislike the GNS530.

These are issues you have to take up with Laminar I believe.

No, it works very well with several other aircrafts. This does not have anything to do with Laminar. It is up to developers to calibrate how sensitive there dials will be in their aircraft, depending on which data the dial will change.

No, it works very well with several other aircrafts. This does not have anything to do with Laminar. It is up to developers to calibrate how sensitive there dials will be in their aircraft, depending on which data the dial will change.

Huh really? it's like that for all of mine. Which aircraft specifically?

Just compare the GNS530 dials with the second VOR device dials in this aircraft. There is a difference.

Other aircrafts tha work well is i.e the TU154 and IXEG 737. But I confess some other airplanes have the same sensitive problems, i.e. the Carenado B1900.

Interesting, the GNS530 is the XPlane device.  PMDG did not create this.

Dan Downs KCRP

I think you mean the GNS430, the GNS530 is the bigger one if I am not mistaken and where is this located in the IXEG 737 ?

It is not about if Laminar created the GNS530 or not, it is about how PMDG is interfacing 3D dials to datarefs in PMDG:s cockpit. It is PMDG who programs the interaction between mouseclicks and cockpit objects, and then send datarefs, not Laminar.

So still there is problem with this. Even with X-Plane 11. I've file bug a of this to Laminar, how do I file the same bug with PMDG? I really want this to be fixed. :sad:

Edit: Found the ticket area (needed to be logged in to getting hinted where ticket area was) and filed a report. :Pig: