Sign in to follow this  
VOZ102

Malformed XML

Greetings

I'm on the latest version etc. I've been trying to get the Feelthere E-Jets v2.0 running in P3D - aircraft works perfect but when I try and save a flight it's always missing some information - no date etc showing except 01/01/01 - please note I don't suspect the problem is unique to the latest version or even V3.

i8NCubX.jpg

When I try and load the scenario file I get this alert.

CXltIXt.jpg

PMDG and other files save fine. Have tried re-installing and flushing the app data etc folders.

Ofcourse I acknowledge this isn't an aircraft designed for P3D etc but this seems like it has something to do with the way the flight is being saved - not unique to the aircraft .. although I could be wrong.

Any thoughts? 

It's one of my fav aircraft - would love to get it saving properly.

-Peter Stantin

rb_banner_tech.png

Thanks for the tip - I also already had it off so that's not it.

-Peter Stantin

rb_banner_tech.png

Peter,  Delete these 2 files and let them rebuild,  Try that 

27622329325_a712db4842_o.png

Thanks - solved. The ERJ is adding a whole bunch of stuff in the XML - if you amend the XML it fixes it.

Left is ERJ - right is PMDG

8Ua4gdR.jpg

-Peter Stantin

rb_banner_tech.png

So, the ERJ is adding their entries below the </SimBase.Documents> closing tag, and appears to be incorrectly formatted as well. :fool:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks - solved. The ERJ is adding a whole bunch of stuff in the XML - if you amend the XML it fixes it.

What if I don't know how exactly? Any guidelines please?

Thanks,

Dirk.

Hi Voz102.

Nowy-3jpg_ahpsepn.jpg bugjpg_ahpnhwa.jpg

I have similar problem with Sibwings An-2 (FSX also). Could You describe what You do exactly? Did You delete this manually only in each save file with this issue?

I see also the data of plane in this save File :

Nowy-3JPG_ahrresh.jpg

I havent any problems with save with other addons. Just with An-2.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Just copy then delete the </SimBase.Document> and move it to the very last line of the xml and it should work; well it did for the ERJ

-Peter Stantin

rb_banner_tech.png

Just copy then delete the </SimBase.Document> and move it to the very last line of the xml and it should work; well it did for the ERJ

Thanks for quick answer! I did two test, if I delete all data after </SimBase.Document> ([sWAN2] ect....) works ok, no problem with save - or if I take </SimBase.Document> and cut and past in the end (after this datas of airplane) works ok too.

Pity only that is to do manually necessarily but finaly it works! Thank You.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Elaine,

Thank you, fixed my malformed XML file.

Jerry Friz

Thank you very much Peter, I was going crazy with this problem and I could not solve it in any way, I tried to install and uninstall, then I thought it was the migration tool's fault. I have been going on with this problem for days.

Then the brainstorm!

Just move the </SimBase.Document> line to the end of the XML file. And solved, file loads perfectly.

However every time you save the flight again the file is saved with the same error (it's malformed), is there any way to correct it or is there any tool that can do this conversion job?

Thanks very much for all, you saved my flights!

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270