Sign in to follow this  
TOGA-saurus

Just Completed My First DC-6 Flight... Sort Of

Much to Kyle's delight, I launched straight in after installing, skipping those handy manuals because I'm totally used to flying larger aircraft than the DC-6, like the 777 and 737! Set it to "Ready For Taxi" aircraft state, lowered the flaps and off I went! Controls were locked and I flew straight into a mountain. 

I remember back when the 777X was released and there was huge emphasis on how it wasn't just a beefed up NGX, we have to read the manuals. That was nothing compared to this! I'm in love with the old school glass gauges and overwhelming lack of automation! All I've ever known was glass flight decks ;)

What a gorgeous plane PMDG have made for XP. Can't wait to start studying all of it's idiosyncrasies and, well, actually how to fly the thing!

DC-6A_3.png

• Upvote 2

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

Not bad, any landing you can walk away from is a perfect landing.

Dan Downs KCRP