Sign in to follow this  
Charlie21

2.0.1.2 very slow

Hi,

I just upgraded to v.2.0.1.2 from a previous beta (not sure what version, v.2.0.33 i guess), and i noticed it responds very slowly: select SID or START, change Cruise Alt,... any operation takes about one minute. That was not happenning with the beta.

I'm creating a simple plan from GCFV to GCLP, nothing specially complex.

Please would you confirm if this is a general issue, or something related to my configuration ?

Thanks,

Charlie,

This is not a general issue. 

One thing that could be going on is your internet connection may be slow.  Changes to the flight plan generally cause a check of enroute minimum altitudes which requires multiple calls to the internet elevation service. 

Try unchecking the "Calculate Safe EnRoute Altitudes" option in P2A Setup tab of the Config panel.  That may help.

Dave

Charlie,

I did have one other user on Windows 7 that experienced delays like you.  He was able to alleviate the problem by turning off the Windows 7 Error Reporting Service and the Application Experience Service.

Are you running Windows 7?

Dave

Hi Dave,

No, i use Windows 10. I will check if exists a similar service in W10. Unfortunately i had no time to fly lately, so probably i'll do it on weekend.

By the way, "Calculate Safe EnRoute Altitudes" is disabled. My Internet connection should be fast (100 Mb. symmetric fibre). What server do you use to check elevation ? (i would do a ping test).

Thanks,