Sign in to follow this  
wcschulz3

Loss of Tiller on other Aircraft after Flying the DC-6

Hi team,

I've noticed that, after flying the DC-6, when I try to fly another aircraft (IXEG 737, FlyJ 737 are the only ones I've flown after  the DC-6), I lose tiller control.  Rudder will work, but not tiller.

After an X-Plane reboot, the tiller on the 737's works fine.

Just an observation, easy workaround, just wondered if others had noticed.

Thanks

Bill

KGSP

I've noticed that, after flying the DC-6, when I try to fly another aircraft (IXEG 737, FlyJ 737 are the only ones I've flown after  the DC-6), I lose tiller control.  Rudder will work, but not tiller.

It uses the default tiller of X-Plane. Not sure how we could cause that through a default axis, but I guess it is possible. How does it behave in the opposite direction (from another tiller aircraft to the DC-6)?

Kyle Rodgers

It uses the default tiller of X-Plane. Not sure how we could cause that through a default axis, but I guess it is possible. How does it behave in the opposite direction (from another tiller aircraft to the DC-6)?

Hi,

No problems going the other way...from 737 to DC-6, the paired rudde/tiller yaw all work.

Odd, indeed!

Thanks

Bill

I also noted this. Loaded DC-6 by accident, switched to SSG E-170 ( I know I know!) and I couldn't steer the aircraft. Funny, I just figured it was another, in the endless list of bugs, with the E170.

Ooops,

Marc Wallace

I also noted this. Loaded DC-6 by accident, switched to SSG E-170 ( I know I know!) and I couldn't steer the aircraft. Funny, I just figured it was another, in the endless list of bugs, with the E170.

Pretty sure that due to all the processing going on outside of XPL, you probably don't want to change aircraft during a session.  This is reason we start with the dialog for setting up flight and not a default aircraft.

Dan Downs KCRP

I've had some strange issues just loading the DC-6 on top of itself. As long as I load one of the simple XP aircraft before switching to the DC-6, it seems fine.

Rb Smith.

I've had some strange issues just loading the DC-6 on top of itself. As long as I load one of the simple XP aircraft before switching to the DC-6, it seems fine.

Yeah, I've seen hit or miss issues with this. Looks like even XPL is subject to a few of the same issues as FSX and P3D when it comes to complex aircraft.

Kyle Rodgers