Sign in to follow this  
rollsboy

Help! Can't install new purchase of C152 II

Hello,

I just recently purchased Carenado's C152 II or FSX because I want to use it as I follow through the Aviator 90 Angle of Attack flight instruction series.  I currently have FSX Steam Edition installed on my machine (I got rid of my boxed version install).  I did this because I read a number of forums saying that there is no problem installing Carenado airplanes designed for FSX in FSX:SE.  

I downloaded the installer after purchase, and when I double-click on the installer, I immediately get a red-X error saying that FSX is not installed.  That's it.  There's nothing I can adjust or change - seems to be pretty binary - either it recognizes some FSX installation or it doesn't, and that's that.  There's no way to set the install path for it. I have no idea how to get around this, since there's nothing to change in the installer.  It fails and closes as soon as it determines you don't have some FSX installation in it's required path.  

Please help - is there any way around this?  I just spent $27 on this aircraft and I'm frustrated that I can't use it due to Carenado's "lazy" installer system.  I really don't want to have to create a dual-install of the boxed edition just to be able to use this aircraft.  That seems a bit silly.  

Has anyone found a way to install the C152 II for FSX:SE, or am I just simply out of luck?  It appears Carenado's support site says they are working on FSX steam support but currently can't support at this time. So shame on me I guess for buying a product before ensuring 100% that it works?

Thanks,

Josh

I'd try the Flight1 registry repair tool, run it, navigate to your FSX SE installation and show it where fsx.exe is located. It should make a dummy FSX MS reg key pointing to your FSX SE installation. That should bluff the Carenado installer into installing in FSX SE.

wow! That worked! I'm amazed! Wow thank you so much, Jim.  I appreciate the help.  I've never posted here before (on AVSIM) but I'm glad I did.  Again, I appreciate the help - that did the trick.  I've got her up and running, humming along in FSX Steam!

Best regards and thanks again,

Josh

You're welcome Josh, glad it worked. Have fun with your training! :smile: