Sign in to follow this  
Guest JimBrown

SIMPLE BUT IMPORTANT QUESTION

Guest UNIVSOUTHFLA

You know that there are two options for lanching flight sim on your desktop. Theres one that says flightsimulator A century of flight. Then there is one that says under troubleshooting, safe mode. I have to use Safe Mode in order for my flight sim to work. So my question is, what is used in the FS9 folder to launch safe mode that is not/ differently used to launch the normal flight simulator. Any help would be aprreciated

Guest Gordius

Same as for the "normal" FS9. Filename is FS9.exe. I don't have the shortcuts on my desktop just info from Start > etc.If you have to start in that mode every time perhaps we can help you to resolve what is causing you problems?Andrew BrownROARING THIRTIEShttp://www.gordiusfs.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Guest UNIVSOUTHFLA

ya, I do not know why, but whenever I use the normal flightsimulator, not safe mode under troubleshooting, my computer freezes and the screen resolution becomes very large. There are also neon-like colors that replace the normal colors on the screen, and there is a box that says reboot the system. After I restart my computer, all is back to normal. But whenever I use the standard FS, it always does this

Guest OneTinSoldier

Listing system specs alone usually does not lead to a cure for system problems. Nevertheless, at the very least it gives people a starting point pertaining to helping troubleshoot problems. So list your system specifications similar to the example below.My first thought would be that you are having a video card driver problem. Or that something is wrong with your monitors refresh rate setting. But it could certainly be any one of numerous other problems. Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest BIOS and Chipset drivers for you motherboard, and that you have you properly installed and configured your video card driver.System Specs:Intel 3.4C(C = Northwood Core) on Asus P4C800-E Deluxe(Intel 875P + ICH5R Chipset), Zalman 7000a-Cu HS/Fan, Enermax RG651P-VE 550W PSU, 2 GB Mushkin eXtreme Performance(2-2-2) Dual Channel PC3200 RAM, NEC MultiSync FE2111SB 21" CRT Monitor, Sapphire Radeon X800 XT PE Videocard with v5.9 Catalyst Drivers, DirectX 9.0c, Creative Audigy2 Platinum Soundcard with Creative OpenAL Beta Driver, 250 GB w/8 MB Cache Western Digital 7200 RPM Parallel ATA HDD, WinXP Pro SP2, Comcast Cable Internet Connection, Nortons Anti-virus and Personal Firewall 2005Hope that helps,OneTinSoldier

Guest JimBrown

>ya, I do not know why, but whenever I use the normal>flightsimulator, not safe mode under troubleshooting, my>computer freezes and the screen resolution becomes very large.>There are also neon-like colors that replace the normal colors>on the screen, and there is a box that says reboot the system.>After I restart my computer, all is back to normal. But>whenever I use the standard FS, it always does this That sound very much like a monitor resolution selection in FS9.cfg that your monitor can't handle. Safe mode would not use that.Quick fix to try is to delete your FS9.cfg file and let FS9 rebuild it.Longer fix is to edit the FS9.cfg file, find the "Display" section for your video card and change the "Mode". It would look something like this (the details after "DISPLAY.Device" will be different):[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT .0]Mode=1280x1024x32Try changing the "Mode" to 800x600x16...jim