Sign in to follow this  

Time to leave the Man Cave behind :-(

Well its not a Prepar3D Video its Project Cars but this is where all my YouTube FSX and Prepar3D for those of you who know my channel were all made. My two man cave activities when time allows Flight Sim and Sim Racing. This is my last drive because I am moving to an apartment on Wednesday. The sim chair is already sold. Had a lot of fun over the years with this. As well as the G27 it accommodated a host of flight sim peripherals. Saitek Cessna yoke, rudder peddles, Trim wheel, TPM, custom 737 TQ and the venerable Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2, all easily interchangeable. It's more than just gaming and many of you know we try to emulate reality as accurately as possible. We seek a high level of immersion and realism. PlayStation or XBox just won't cut it :-P Looking forward to picking up an Oculus Rift for Christmas for use in the much smaller space I'll be living in ;-)

https://youtu.be/tO--_oFaAcI

Here's wishing you the very best of luck with everything in your new move!

Oh come on, automatic shifting?  :Tounge:

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Oh come on, automatic shifting?  :Tounge:

Oh, Its not automatic! I am using the paddles and the clutch. That gear shift is terrible. The one on the G25 was far better. :-)

Ofcourse, I see, you're using the paddles behind the wheel :Doh: I'm a perfectionist, so I personally would have chosen the lever, as that is what the real car uses for gear shifting. With that in mind I automatically assumed you used automatic shifting :smile: I must say I quite like your setup. To bad you have to get rid of it.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

so I personally would have chosen the lever

Yeah me too. However the the G27 has only an H shifting pattern on the shifter. The older model, the G25 could be switched from H pattern Stick shift to a sequential shifter. Typically, GT cars I believe have sequential stick shifters, so gear up is clutch in, bump stick froward, clutch out. gear down is clutch in, bump stick back, clutch out. More or less what I was doing except using the paddles.

It was a nice setup :-) It was awesome with the PMDG 737. I had 2 saitek TQ where the stick shift is in the video. The piece if wood they where clamped to was mounted at about 30 degrees for ergonomic accuracy and of course custom made Throttle, Flap and spoiler handles along with saitek yoke and rudder and trackIR all made fro great immersion.

I will miss it. Right now I am back in the stone age with an X-Box controller :sad:

I'm a perfectionist, so I personally would have chosen the lever, as that is what the real car uses for gear shifting.

Yeah, F1 cars don't have levers...

Boooooo. I know the pain too - currently between houses so lost my set up.

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire