Sign in to follow this  
IrishAirline99

the procedure entry point simconnect_text could not be located in the dynamic link library simconnect.dll

I started P3D today after installing GSX and a few other addons and got this message:

the procedure entry point simconnect_text could not be located in the dynamic link library simconnect.dll 

P3D then closes, the top of this error message has:"bglmanx.dll" written on it.

I uninstalled GSX and P3D worked, I then tried re-installing it and runned P3D again.. still got the same error message and P3D closed.

And you're not asking the developer for assistance because??? (HINT: Update their software)

• Like 1

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

you have a second dll.xml in your programme date  Under Lockheed Martin Folder.

The entry for the bglmanx.dll must be is in the first place.

Fabian Fuchs  belgium-flag-waving-emoticon-animated.gi

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

And you're not asking the developer for assistance because??? (HINT: Update their software)

I don`t know what addon was causing the problem.

You kinda told yourself what addon by uninstalling it and seeing Prepar3D work.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

On 6/13/2016 at 10:10 AM, Der Fuchs said:

I don't really understand what I'm supposed to do... The same issue happened to me after installing the PMDG 747v3... Can u please elaborate more? Thanks :)

On 6/13/2016 at 3:10 AM, Der Fuchs said:

In P3D, the entry is no longer in the dll.xml and is now located in the add-on.xml for the FSDream Team Addon Manager.  All of FSDT scenery and GSX is installed using the new Lockheed Martin addon.xml method.  One should install the Lorby_Si AddonOrganizer (Lorby_Si Forums hosted by AVSIM) and the entries will automatically show up.  Believe the dll.xml and exe.xml will soon no longer exist and everything will be in the Documents/Prepar3Dv4 Add-ons.

6 hours ago, DC447 said:

I don't really understand what I'm supposed to do... The same issue happened to me after installing the PMDG 747v3... Can u please elaborate more? Thanks 🙂

If you have P3DV4 installed (you did not indicate which version of P3D you have installed), the DLL component should be loading the bglmanx64.dll and not the bglmanx.dll.  When GSX is installed, it should be installed with Admin privileges.  P3D.exe should be started with Admin Privileges whenever starting up P3D.  The FSDT installers do an excellent job in making sure files are properly installed and Addon.xml's are installed with all of the Addon components.  One needs to do nothing but sit back and watch in amazement the installation.

If you have P3DV3 installed, the same procedures as indicated above will happen except the installer will install bglmanx.dll as P3DV3 and earlier are 32 bit programs.  P3DV4 is a 64-bit version.

All of the FSDT installation is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager

If this is also happening with PMDG 747v3 installations, then you are not installing the product with Admin Privileges and/or running P3D with Admin Privileges. 

I could do more research on the Simconnect error but you posted the Google link to the error and there are hundreds of possible fixes.  You just have to figure out which one applies to your computer installations and the installation of P3D.  This is a better link though - http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13390.msg99605.html#msg99605

Edited by Jim Young
Added new link

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10