Sign in to follow this  
Adamski_NZ

Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) - Screenshots & Presets

This is what currently works for me with HDR On. This is with Navid's sky textures, apart from noon where I use a REX4 set Ocean View.

Dawn through to post sunset.

HDR settings.

Very nice and thanks for sharing - give it a go tonight 

Rich Sennett

Nice Novation...It really looks good.

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

Great screenshots! I also use Navid's sky textures apart from noon (too greenish IMHO). For noon I use REX Fair theme, will try Ocean View. Thanks for sharing, Novation.

Great work Novation. Flew it last night. Awesome.

Thanks

Thats good.

One thing though I did upload a version with Boost light on illuminated areas off for some reason. The shots were taken with it on, with a value of 4.

Here is the preset with the correct value.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/xvknwuv0cm6rwnd/P3Dv33+with+HDR.ini

Great preset! Thank you very much. 

PD. Has anyone noticed more VAS usage and slower texture loading?

Has anyone noticed more VAS usage and slower texture loading?

My VAS feels about the same (haven't checked - but no OOMs). Initial texture loads are definitely slower (due to shaders being recreated) but after that, it all appears "business as usual". Some of the tweaks are labelled as "resource hungry" in the "?" help screens, so I've carefully avoided those!

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

My VAS feels about the same (haven't checked - but no OOMs). Initial texture loads are definitely slower (due to shaders being recreated) but after that, it all appears "business as usual". Some of the tweaks are labelled as "resource hungry" in the "?" help screens, so I've carefully avoided those!

Adam.

Adam

Apologies for left field query, but do any of the PTA tweaks or settings help tp dampen down  'shimmering'?

If so, can you ID which, if not have you had P3D shimmering & how did you deal with it?

Thanks

Apologies for left field query, but do any of the PTA tweaks or settings help tp dampen down  'shimmering'?

If so, can you ID which, if not have you had P3D shimmering & how did you deal with it?

This may be better re-posted in the main PTA thread. However - I don't think there'as anything specific in PTA to address shimmering. It's more of a general GFX settings thing. A lot will depend on how you set up MSAA, FSAA etc. etc. via either your nVidia CP or nVidia Inspector. Lots of settings are inter-related, so you really need to do some Googling around, I'm afraid.

In the meantime, here are some more screenshots!!

sunday_01_645_1350.jpg

hazy_sunday_02_517_1350.jpg

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

4xSGSS in Nvidia Inspector is the only way i know of to reduce shimmering at a cost of FPS.

Adam,

Does your 05 preset work with PTA_33 and P3Dv3.3.5?  I don't want to mess something up and have backed up my ShadersHLSL folder.  I'm not sure which version you're on.  Looks really good.

Thank you

--- Jim  ---

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.