Sign in to follow this  
Adamski_NZ

Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) - Screenshots & Presets

very nice screenshots...

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Hi,

Well, I have recently taken the plunge and updated to P3d v.3.3.5 and I can say, without any shadow of a doubt, that I am now officially a very happy PTA convert :)

Completed a wonderful leisurely 2 hour dawn flight in the Lancair Legacy, under autopilot at 3,000ft, heading due East while watching the sun appear above the distant horizon and slowly rise into the sky. As time progressed, the subtle changing of lighting and colours affecting the sky, clouds and terrain was quite beautiful to behold and, at times, simply breathtaking. This is the perfect complement to ORBX and has to be as close to reality as we can get right now with this amazing sim.

Yuri has been extremely helpful and got me started with his wonderful preset. I say 'got me started', but having experienced some extraordinary visual treats during this flight I would say that this set of shader tweaks is most definitely a keeper.

All good things have to come to an end, however, and having found a small airport I landed, parked and powered down. There was I sitting quietly chewing on a sandwich as I reviewed what had transpired during the flight when I turned to look left toward the east and was astonished to see this strange phenomenon?!

Solar%20Searchlight.jpg

For want of a better description I would say this looks like a solar searchlight illuminating some clouds! How on earth could this be created by the sim?

Anyone else seen this unusual sight?

May I take this opportunity to thank Yuri for developing this amazing Shader tweaking tool and the extraordinary genorosity of spirit he has shown towards us all. Prepar3D has never looked better!

Mike

Further investigation now convinces me that the cause is unlikely to be with PTA. The problem appears to lie with the RealAir Lancair Legacy V2. I have been unable to replicate the issue with any other aircraft whereas the 'artifact' can also be seen at KVPS while sitting in the Legacy and looking left or right, depending on the orientation of the aircraft. It does not appear in outside view. So, I'm guessing it has something to do with the Legacy's headlight/spotlight setup although why the sun should be involved is still a mystery. The original observation was made at KBGE.

Mike

Thank you for the kind words, Mike, really appreciated!

Does this beam appear without PTA with this aircraft?

Hi Yuri,

I posted a few images on the P3D forum and, according to Ryan, this appears to be a known issue and nothing whatsoever to do with PTA, so all is good :)

Regards,

Mike

This is truly extraordinary! I am having a ball!!

Here are a few shots taken over Darrington Municipal:

CMSvec9.jpg

6n1Wf0c.jpg

q9zTJZ2.jpg

pVaxwqD.jpg

Mike

• Upvote 2

Great photo's Mike, did a similar flight last evening but didn't quite get the same visuals, are you using just the default preset or have you modified.

Bob

Hi Bob,

I asked Yuri to provide me with a PTA preset equivalent for my RSP ini file previously used in P3D 3.2. Not only did he oblige but also generously included his current PTA preset for P3D 3.3.5. Needless to say, there was no contest!

I still can't believe what I'm seeing. Wonderful! It just get's better and better. The temptation to explore is huge now as visual treats await me around every corner and over every hill and mountain.

It will be important for you to select an appropriate Sky Color texture set from REX4 Texture Direct. As ever, our preferences are very individual. However, as a starting point I would suggest you use Rob's selections from his excellent guide. The only other thing I had to do was make some adjustments to my HDR settings in P3D. Again, this will be to taste. Lastly, at present I'm experimenting with REX4 Soft Clouds instead of those provided by ASCA. Again, I followed Rob's suggestions with the exception that everything is unchecked apart from Cloud structure, whatever that does, I'm not sure.

Others have said repeatedly that PTA is transforming the appearance of their P3D. I can confirm that that is indeed the case. So much so, in fact, I find I'm now being drawn to the sim in ways that did not exist previously. Suddenly the ORBX enhanced world of Prepar3D is being revealed to us in all its glory! We are so lucky!

Regards,

Mike

Hi Bob,

I asked Yuri to provide me with a PTA preset equivalent for my RSP ini file previously used in P3D 3.2. Not only did he oblige but also generously included his current PTA preset for P3D 3.3.5. Needless to say, there was no contest!

I still can't believe what I'm seeing. Wonderful! It just get's better and better. The temptation to explore is huge now as visual treats await me around every corner and over every hill and mountain.

It will be important for you to select an appropriate Sky Color texture set from REX4 Texture Direct. As ever, our preferences are very individual. However, as a starting point I would suggest you use Rob's selections from his excellent guide. The only other thing I had to do was make some adjustments to my HDR settings in P3D. Again, this will be to taste. Lastly, at present I'm experimenting with REX4 Soft Clouds instead of those provided by ASCA. Again, I followed Rob's suggestions with the exception that everything is unchecked apart from Cloud structure, whatever that does, I'm not sure.

Others have said repeatedly that PTA is transforming the appearance of their P3D. I can confirm that that is indeed the case. So much so, in fact, I find I'm now being drawn to the sim in ways that did not exist previously. Suddenly the ORBX enhanced world of Prepar3D is being revealed to us in all its glory! We are so lucky!

Regards,

Mike

Hi Mike, thanks for reply and as usual an informative and detailed post,(always look forward to your comments) AT the moment just using default textures with AS2016, and after doing some more flights I'm a little more happy. Have looked through the guide as you suggested and will spend some more time with it. What I have noticed is the distant mountains are no longer white blobs, they show more detail. I will try a few more setting in PTA and see how it goes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3cm0zflh71w89o4/PTA%206.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vl01jc6sepu0rel/PTA%207.png?dl=0

many thanks bob

Hi Bob,

It's always nice to receive an appreciative response from time to time. Thank you!

Wow! These evening shots are really very good and clearly demonstrate what can be achieved using a P3D default texture installation along with PTA shader enhancements plus AS2016. However, I'm wondering whether ORBX FTX Vector is also involved as those shorelines appear far more detailed than I would have expected with P3D default. Otherwise, for the time of day I think the lighting, visibility and Rayleigh scattering is bang on. I would be more than happy to see such imagery :)

Hey, I like your aircraft and the VC, very impressive. Scratching my head - could it be a Dornier 228? I wouldn't mind owning it myself ;)

Aha, I think I may have succeeded in chasing it down - Carenado DO228 100 HD Series? Is it fully compatible with P3D 3.3.5?

Regards,

Mike

Edit: I see we're almost neighbours, approx. 5-6 hours by road :) I'm fairly close to EGPH.

Aha, I think I may have succeeded in chasing it down - Carenado DO228 100 HD Series? Is it fully compatible with P3D 3.3.5?

Yes Mike I'm running DO228 in P3d ver 3.3.5 (w7, am=85 As2016 am=40 thro' fsuipc4, similar am for other addons thro' Pro-Lasso

mislead you with the 'default' textures , what I meant to say no Rex4 or softclouds at the moment.

yes they are ORBX pnw, Washington State.

bob

• Upvote 1

This is a profile for P3D v3.4.9 using the latest version of PTA which is currently 1.5. It uses the alternate lighting for clouds, and a fixed adaption HDR, with a strong Rayleigh effect. .

Made using Navaid's sky textures, other sky textures will affect how the profile works.

HDR setiings.

Brightness = 0.95

Bloom = 0.60

Saturation = 1.20

Feel free to change to taste.

Blue Horizons HDR for V3.4

http://www.mediafire.com/download/b6muh1b475rp542/Blue_Horizons_HDR_for_V3.4.ini

621d650c39bc4c81fb62c1ce8206dc98.jpg

a1da01deaead7b3d7bc07fa4fec8e2a0.jpg

3d0d37f917ba8c33f5e6cb69b8701427.jpg

22febcda44173e8d71b3f8c2caba2789.jpg

1e78d9b3af7f12c5f8aff668591ea47b.jpg

a92bac6197bdefca16d457829984b72d.jpg

d5e378aee7eba77707d68df7c0c43e18.jpg

02551fdb15ad23e327873da6cc95b905.jpg

• Upvote 2

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.