20 hours ago, Adamski_NZ said:

When you say "yours" do you mean mine? My NGX VC is fine.

1) Which preset is it - and are you applying the recommended (for the preset) HDR values?
2) Is this daytime, night-time or both?

Adam.

HI Adam,

Sorry if I was not clear enough, yes im using your preset, applied the HDR settings to in p3d.cfg and yes dawn and night time. FXAA OFF

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

1 hour ago, Hypofx said:

Sorry if I was not clear enough, yes im using your preset, applied the HDR settings to in p3d.cfg and yes dawn and night time. FXAA OFF

I thought it was probably mine - but I thought I'd better check first!! I'm not sure what the problem might be on your system. Here are some shots from mine:

Daytime:pmdg_ngx_vc_01_1350.jpg

Night:pmdg_ngx_vc_02_1350.jpg

pmdg_ngx_vc_03_1350.jpg

The NGX sure does look good at night!pmdg_ngx_03_1350.jpg

I'll check my FXAA settings, but you could take a look at my settings for P3D, nVidia CP and NVI:

My P3Dv4.1 Settings

Adam.

• Upvote 1

On 10/26/2017 at 4:21 AM, Adamski_NZ said:

I thought it was probably mine - but I thought I'd better check first!! I'm not sure what the problem might be on your system. Here are some shots from mine:

Daytime:pmdg_ngx_vc_01_1350.jpg

Night:pmdg_ngx_vc_02_1350.jpg

pmdg_ngx_vc_03_1350.jpg

The NGX sure does look good at night!pmdg_ngx_03_1350.jpg

I'll check my FXAA settings, but you could take a look at my settings for P3D, nVidia CP and NVI:

My P3Dv4.1 Settings

Adam.

Hi Adam, I using your latest preset 262_01 in P3D v4.3 and overall I like it a lot. Thanks for your efforts.

Quick question - When I use certain aircraft like the Milviz Beaver and Turbo Otter, the coloured light indicators (blue, red etc) just glow white instead of seeing the colour. Is there a specific setting in PTA which would cause this? I tried the VC lighting one but it didn't seem to do anything.

Thanks,

Glenn

45 minutes ago, GHarrall said:

Hi Adam, I using your latest preset 262_01 in P3D v4.3 and overall I like it a lot. Thanks for your efforts.

Quick question - When I use certain aircraft like the Milviz Beaver and Turbo Otter, the coloured light indicators (blue, red etc) just glow white instead of seeing the colour. Is there a specific setting in PTA which would cause this? I tried the VC lighting one but it didn't seem to do anything.

We're talking about lights inside the cockpit - and not the external (nav) lights, yes?

Is this during the day and night as well? I have the MV Beaver, so will take a look.

Adam.

21 minutes ago, Adamski_NZ said:

We're talking about lights inside the cockpit - and not the external (nav) lights, yes?

Is this during the day and night as well? I have the MV Beaver, so will take a look.

Adam.

Hi, yes the VC lights (oil pressure, fuel pressure etc)

In the turbo otter same type. (beta light)

Glenn ... you might need to upload a screenshot or two. Here's what my Milviz Beaver looks like (ignore the pale blue circles over the switches - I got them wrong anyway!) ...

Instrument lights only:
pta_mv_beaver_01_1280.jpg?dl=1

Instruments + cabin:
pta_mv_beaver_02_1280.jpg?dl=1

Instruments+map:
pta_mv_beaver_03_1280.jpg?dl=1

Instruments+map+cabin:
pta_mv_beaver_04_1280.jpg?dl=1

They all look OK to me ...

Adam.

Hi Adam,

The instruments are fine. Its the two warning lights to the left of the flap indicator (fuel and oil warning). Without the preset they glow the correct colours of yellow and red respectively. With the preset on they glow white. Its the same with the turbo otter and you also get the blue 'beta range' light glowing white instead of blue.

I will try and upload a screen shot later as well.

I just wondered if there was a setting in PTA which would tone the effect down a bit. I cant see to discover what parameter would be responsible for it.

Edited by GHarrall

On 9/4/2018 at 12:35 PM, Adamski_NZ said:

Glenn ... you might need to upload a screenshot or two. Here's what my Milviz Beaver looks like (ignore the pale blue circles over the switches - I got them wrong anyway!) ...

Instrument lights only:
pta_mv_beaver_01_1280.jpg?dl=1

Instruments + cabin:
pta_mv_beaver_02_1280.jpg?dl=1

Instruments+map:
pta_mv_beaver_03_1280.jpg?dl=1

Instruments+map+cabin:
pta_mv_beaver_04_1280.jpg?dl=1

They all look OK to me ...

Adam.

Hi Adam,

See my response above regarding the lighting.

One more question - Which textures do you use for sky and water? I have REX TD and Soft Clouds. Im happy with my clouds but wondered what you were using for Water and sky textures. Thx