You're not in HDR mode are you by any chance? What aircraft is it (or is it all of them)? I may have the same one, so could try a test.

I've had that tweak in place for quite a while now - with all sorts of different aircraft - and had no problems. However - I did once try HDR to see what happens at night (something I rarely do) and got a shock when I went back into daytime. I'd forgotten to disable HDR :dance:

Adam.

your right HDR will cause this, The Brightness setting in HDR needs to be moved back to 0.5-0.6,( day time may be to dull with this) but there will be still some difference in texture between spot and vc views. Better without HDR.

bob

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This is what currently works for me with HDR On. This is with Navid's sky textures, apart from noon where I use a REX4 set Ocean View.

Dawn through to post sunset.

HDR settings.

Very nice and thanks for sharing - give it a go tonight 

Great screenshots! I also use Navid's sky textures apart from noon (too greenish IMHO). For noon I use REX Fair theme, will try Ocean View. Thanks for sharing, Novation.

Has anyone noticed more VAS usage and slower texture loading?

My VAS feels about the same (haven't checked - but no OOMs). Initial texture loads are definitely slower (due to shaders being recreated) but after that, it all appears "business as usual". Some of the tweaks are labelled as "resource hungry" in the "?" help screens, so I've carefully avoided those!

Adam.

My VAS feels about the same (haven't checked - but no OOMs). Initial texture loads are definitely slower (due to shaders being recreated) but after that, it all appears "business as usual". Some of the tweaks are labelled as "resource hungry" in the "?" help screens, so I've carefully avoided those!

Adam.

Adam

Apologies for left field query, but do any of the PTA tweaks or settings help tp dampen down  'shimmering'?

If so, can you ID which, if not have you had P3D shimmering & how did you deal with it?

Thanks

Apologies for left field query, but do any of the PTA tweaks or settings help tp dampen down  'shimmering'?

If so, can you ID which, if not have you had P3D shimmering & how did you deal with it?

This may be better re-posted in the main PTA thread. However - I don't think there'as anything specific in PTA to address shimmering. It's more of a general GFX settings thing. A lot will depend on how you set up MSAA, FSAA etc. etc. via either your nVidia CP or nVidia Inspector. Lots of settings are inter-related, so you really need to do some Googling around, I'm afraid.

In the meantime, here are some more screenshots!!

sunday_01_645_1350.jpg

hazy_sunday_02_517_1350.jpg

Adam.

4xSGSS in Nvidia Inspector is the only way i know of to reduce shimmering at a cost of FPS.