Absolutely not! You may need to read back a bit in the current thread: http://www.avsim.com/topic/490178-prepar3d-tweak-assistant-pta-screenshots-presets/#entry3437576

As I've often said - I *hate* HDR and its unpredictable effects - but I'm interested (sort of!) to see whether my preset will work with it. I haven't even looked at it with HDR enabled (which speaks volumes!!!).

Adam.

Well, I tried your preset, and it's just fine. Works well with HDR ON also (on my system, of course). I would only suggest to increase the lighting in the VC and reduce a bit the brightness of the clouds (too bright on a sunny day). The most critical issue for me was the VC way too dark (I was flying the Shrike from Carenado) and I have to admit that it comes already with a very dark VC.

Cheers, Ed

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm going to have to try this but I use HDR so I'll see how it goes. Adam, want chance you can work your magic with HDR O on to tweak it for those of us that use it?

• Upvote 1

I'm going to have to try this but I use HDR so I'll see how it goes. Adam, want chance you can work your magic with HDR O on to tweak it for those of us that use it?

Absolutely NO CHANCE! :Tounge: :wink: :smile: ... nothing to stop you using mine as a base and creating your own, though - just don't credit me HAHAHA.

I thought I'd done testing of my NON-HDR preset, but I found that using the "VC" lighting to beef up the lightness in the cockpit sort of washed out my aircraft palettein external view, so I'm trying a preset that reverts back to using LiftGammaGain. Here are my results (don't forget, I'm after *natural* rather than *dramatic*!):

a2a_zk_tas_685_1350.jpg

Not really a test, but you can't resist a Spitfire shot when the clouds play nice!

spit_n_polish_01_306_1350.jpg

Adam.

BTW: Don't let me dominate this thread, folks - please post your own presets!

• Upvote 2

Hi Adam:

Extremely beautiful shots!.

Please let us know when you finish testing that new one with LiftGammaGain.

Cheers, Ed

Please let us know when you finish testing that new one with LiftGammaGain.

Cheers, Ed

All done - I think - but I said that the last couple of times!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/71722992/adamski_PTA_33_13_05_hdr.zip

The good news is that I gave HDR a quick test: it seems to look quite good, though (as I'm not an HDR expert) I'd recommend people apply their own HDR tweaks to my preset. The acrchive contains a couple of comparison pics.

Adam.

• Upvote 1

The good news is that I gave HDR a quick test: it seems to look quite good, though (as I'm not an HDR expert) I'd recommend people apply their own HDR tweaks to my preset. The acrchive contains a couple of comparison pics.

Adam.

Thanks for posting your new settings, that's great. just needed to tick my Ezca Boxes. just done the one flight at the moment, going to watch the footie to see if England get knocked out the 2nd euro match.

bob

Adam.

Thanks - I used it and really think it looks good as well - with no hdr.

What setting do you have in P3D for Shadows, and water, and  reflections? I am also going for a realistic environment look rather than "dramatic" 

Adam.

Thanks for this preset.  It is looking great with HDR and selecting the 'Turn off HDR luminance effect' and 'Contrast tuning'. 

Can I ask what 'ticking the EZCA boxes' does?  I don't see much effect if any so was just curious.

Can I ask what 'ticking the EZCA boxes' does? I don't see much effect if any so was just curious.

its for the EZdoc vc camera view.

bob

I understand it has something to do with EZdoc, but was looking for more a technical explanation...like what graphics tweak is affected when it is selected.

I understand it has something to do with EZdoc, but was looking for more a technical explanation...like what graphics tweak is affected when it is selected.

just trying to get the panel a tad lighter in the AC 500s.

bob

What setting do you have in P3D for Shadows, and water, and  reflections? I am also going for a realistic environment look rather than "dramatic" 

Here's a zip file with PNG pics of the relevant settings: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/71722992/adamski_p3dv3_settings.zip

Note: My settings are primarily from taking screenshots - not really optimised/suited for general sim use!

Adam.

An old Blenheim over Glouicestershire, using my last preset (13_05):

blenheim_mk4_glos_60_1350.jpg

Adam.

• Upvote 1