Hi Bob,

I asked Yuri to provide me with a PTA preset equivalent for my RSP ini file previously used in P3D 3.2. Not only did he oblige but also generously included his current PTA preset for P3D 3.3.5. Needless to say, there was no contest!

I still can't believe what I'm seeing. Wonderful! It just get's better and better. The temptation to explore is huge now as visual treats await me around every corner and over every hill and mountain.

It will be important for you to select an appropriate Sky Color texture set from REX4 Texture Direct. As ever, our preferences are very individual. However, as a starting point I would suggest you use Rob's selections from his excellent guide. The only other thing I had to do was make some adjustments to my HDR settings in P3D. Again, this will be to taste. Lastly, at present I'm experimenting with REX4 Soft Clouds instead of those provided by ASCA. Again, I followed Rob's suggestions with the exception that everything is unchecked apart from Cloud structure, whatever that does, I'm not sure.

Others have said repeatedly that PTA is transforming the appearance of their P3D. I can confirm that that is indeed the case. So much so, in fact, I find I'm now being drawn to the sim in ways that did not exist previously. Suddenly the ORBX enhanced world of Prepar3D is being revealed to us in all its glory! We are so lucky!

Regards,

Mike

Hi Mike, thanks for reply and as usual an informative and detailed post,(always look forward to your comments) AT the moment just using default textures with AS2016, and after doing some more flights I'm a little more happy. Have looked through the guide as you suggested and will spend some more time with it. What I have noticed is the distant mountains are no longer white blobs, they show more detail. I will try a few more setting in PTA and see how it goes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3cm0zflh71w89o4/PTA%206.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vl01jc6sepu0rel/PTA%207.png?dl=0

many thanks bob

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Bob,

It's always nice to receive an appreciative response from time to time. Thank you!

Wow! These evening shots are really very good and clearly demonstrate what can be achieved using a P3D default texture installation along with PTA shader enhancements plus AS2016. However, I'm wondering whether ORBX FTX Vector is also involved as those shorelines appear far more detailed than I would have expected with P3D default. Otherwise, for the time of day I think the lighting, visibility and Rayleigh scattering is bang on. I would be more than happy to see such imagery :)

Hey, I like your aircraft and the VC, very impressive. Scratching my head - could it be a Dornier 228? I wouldn't mind owning it myself ;)

Aha, I think I may have succeeded in chasing it down - Carenado DO228 100 HD Series? Is it fully compatible with P3D 3.3.5?

Regards,

Mike

Edit: I see we're almost neighbours, approx. 5-6 hours by road :) I'm fairly close to EGPH.

Aha, I think I may have succeeded in chasing it down - Carenado DO228 100 HD Series? Is it fully compatible with P3D 3.3.5?

Yes Mike I'm running DO228 in P3d ver 3.3.5 (w7, am=85 As2016 am=40 thro' fsuipc4, similar am for other addons thro' Pro-Lasso

mislead you with the 'default' textures , what I meant to say no Rex4 or softclouds at the moment.

yes they are ORBX pnw, Washington State.

bob

• Upvote 1

This is a profile for P3D v3.4.9 using the latest version of PTA which is currently 1.5. It uses the alternate lighting for clouds, and a fixed adaption HDR, with a strong Rayleigh effect. .

Made using Navaid's sky textures, other sky textures will affect how the profile works.

HDR setiings.

Brightness = 0.95

Bloom = 0.60

Saturation = 1.20

Feel free to change to taste.

Blue Horizons HDR for V3.4

http://www.mediafire.com/download/b6muh1b475rp542/Blue_Horizons_HDR_for_V3.4.ini

621d650c39bc4c81fb62c1ce8206dc98.jpg

a1da01deaead7b3d7bc07fa4fec8e2a0.jpg

3d0d37f917ba8c33f5e6cb69b8701427.jpg

22febcda44173e8d71b3f8c2caba2789.jpg

1e78d9b3af7f12c5f8aff668591ea47b.jpg

a92bac6197bdefca16d457829984b72d.jpg

d5e378aee7eba77707d68df7c0c43e18.jpg

02551fdb15ad23e327873da6cc95b905.jpg

• Upvote 2

I've created a new preset - that uses Yuri's twilight fix. It's subtle, but I think it helps to soften the excessively aggressive onset of darkness in the twlilght zone(s). I also brightened up the preset a little in general. This preset is optimised for use with HDR mode active.

Early morning at Valdez:

pta_163_13_adamski_01_1350.jpg

pta_163_13_adamski_02_1350.jpg

For a good test of terrain /vegetation (autogen) shading, it's hard to beat NZMF - Milford Sound, NZ:
pta_163_13_adamski_03_1350.jpg

pta_163_13_adamski_04_1350.jpg

The new preset is here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/71722992/PTA_Adamski_163_13.zip

Adam.

• Upvote 4

Thank you Adam. I am enjoying your previous preset and look forward to trying this one.

Does it get any better? Prepar3D v3.4.9.18400

Visuals courtesy of PTA v1.62 with 0.95 Shader Pack settings by Chewwy94( Youtube)

2016-10-24_16-47-54-730_zpspr3idedo.jpeg

With separation by ProATC-X

2016-10-24_16-32-37-147_zpsnjavdf94.jpeg

I've created a new preset - that uses Yuri's twilight fix. It's subtle, but I think it helps to soften the excessively aggressive onset of darkness in the twlilght zone(s). I also brightened up the preset a little in general. This preset is optimised for use with HDR mode active.

Adam.

Thank you for sharing your work Adam.  Looking forward to trying your new preset.

Great preset Adam!! 

Many thanks,

Yeah this is a great preset!  Never could have done this myself.  Thanks Adam!

Go to    http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/ and upload your jpg's

Click on the dropdown box that shows up after you have uploaded and choose BBcode embed from the list.

Copy the bbcode embed link from the dropdown menu and paste the link into your post here.

13f0dd.jpg

Ok

Thank you

I run P3Dv3.4 & have PTA with Adamski_163_13 operating.

The three Views of the same scene below were taken in South Chile.

I am trying to figure out why the ground colors I see in the 1st 2 Views are not as rich as the 3rd, & if it is possible to fix that? Ideally I would like Views 1 & 2 to have the same color palette as 3.

I don't think it is necessarily an Adamski_163_13 issue, as I have noticed before using it that my Top Down View always has richer colors than the Spot or Cockpit.

Outside View - Spot

GREEN-1.jpg

Cockpit View - Cockpit

GREEN-2.jpg

VR View -  Occulus Cockpit

GREEN-3.jpg

Does anyone know what the full 1.0 brings which pre-release versions do not? I think it's amazing already.

Additionally, will URP 1.0 be a self standing application or will it still be used in conjunction with PTA?

Does anyone know what the full 1.0 brings which pre-release versions do not? I think it's amazing already.

Additionally, will URP 1.0 be a self standing application or will it still be used in conjunction with PTA?

As all URP versions, v1.0 will also use good ol' PTA Tool. v1.0 is on hold until new version of PTA is out, there will be some major changes.

If you guys are interested, I can include URP v1.0 LITE BETA here in P3D forum. It includes new preset and completely new summer day sky textures only.

Cheers

• Upvote 1

If you guys are interested, I can include URP v1.0 LITE BETA here in P3D forum. It includes new preset and completely new summer day sky textures only.

Yes please!