Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

Spain UHD - Colour Artifacts?

So I downloaded Spain UHD, alongside an airport to test it from. However, I'm seeing quite a few of these square colour artifacts littered around the place. I can live with them on the terrain, but they are absolutely everywhere in the airport area. They do seem to disappear as you get further away, oddly enough.

So I'm wondering, is this a common bug or a setting issue?

1XetZMr.jpg

hVGPjA5.jpg

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Which airport is that ?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

GCHI El Hierro airport 2.0 by Cestomano

But the artifacts do extend beyond the airport, mostly in the shadow parts of the island. However it's very prominent at the airport.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

GCHI El Hierro airport 2.0 by Cestomano

But the artifacts do extend beyond the airport, mostly in the shadow parts of the island. However it's very prominent at the airport.

Airport looks fine on my end. I don't have the UHD file installed yet. I am running out of hard drive space. I am going to delete PD3 once and fore all, that should free some HDD space ! 

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

It could be texture compression. Have you tried changing the texture quality in your settings? Making it higher will improve quality but you will end up using far more memory

It could be texture compression. Have you tried changing the texture quality in your settings? Making it higher will improve quality but you will end up using far more memory

I am actually running at the maximum setting. The setting to compress, however, is enabled. I'm told that you shouldn't disable that either with these kind of textures, unless you have a LOT of VRAM?

Yes, you will need a lot of video RAM if you disable it and use orthos. It could be an artifact from the compression, so might be worth just trying to see what happens