Sign in to follow this  
bpcw001

small issue with GTN 750

Hi,

I am using Bert's GTN 750 integration. There is a very small issue with the display of certain waypoint names on the PFD which I think has absolutely nothing to do with Bert's work, but with the way the GTN 750 works.

In departure procedures, there are often altitude waypoints, like "500ft". These waypoints display on the PFD as "500€" on my system.

The code used for the display of these waypoints in the PFD is:

%((A:GPS WP NEXT ID, string))%!s!

So, apparently, the GTN sends the altitude waypoint with an encoded character for the "ft" part of the "500ft" string, which then wrongly translates to the "€" symbol with the "Glass Gauge" font on my system.

It could probably be easily fixed if the last character of the waypoint string would be detected as "€", then cut off and replaced by "ft".

Anyone knows how to do that in the gauge scripting language? Or could a different font be specified which does the correct encoding?

Thanks

Dave

Dave P. Woycek

This may actually be a bug in the GTN 750...

I had not noticed this before, but the GPS WP NEXT ID variable appears this way, regardless of font,

as best I can tell.

Suggest you ask this in the GTN support forum..

Bert