Sign in to follow this  
Colonel X

10.50b is out!

Either way, when it gets released ,any chance to try it from Steam? or we'll have to wait more?

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

What he wanted to say was... 10.50 is out of question! What we want now is 11.00.....

Interesting to see the interface preview for Xp11. I must really be an outlier, because I've always found X-Plane's interface much more user friendly, in all aspects including controller settings than FSX's.... Not even mention the one in DCS, which is for sure fully featured, or Rise of Flight, allowing for separate aircraft model settings, but hugely more complex.

• Upvote 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Well, 10.50 is still a very interesting update. The new autogen and per-airport flattening are things I've been waiting for basically since XP10 came out.

• Upvote 1

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Either way, when it gets released ,any chance to try it from Steam? or we'll have to wait more?

No chance, Steam users must wait for Release Candidate versions.

• Upvote 2

Our web site: http://ats-simulations.com/

Our MD-82/83 Project Youtube channel: A.T.S. Aircraft Training Solutions

Video development preview created by Thomas Rasmussen: Aircraft Training Solutions (A.T.S.) MD-82 for X-Plane 10 - Preview

The new autogen and per-airport flattening

Jimmy, is this a big update in terms Autogen. I had a look around the x plane blog, Is there pics of the upcoming update ?

Jimmy, is this a big update in terms Autogen. I had a look around the x plane blog, Is there pics of the upcoming update ?

It's supposed to be a major update in terms of autogen, though there aren't many preview images except those on the developer blog.

http://developer.x-plane.com/2016/03/x-plane-10-50/

The thing is, they have promised updates to the autogen for a long time, but it was always pushed back. So it's great it's finally coming to the sim.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

What he wanted to say was... 10.50 is out of question! What we want now is 11.00.....

Interesting to see the interface preview for Xp11. I must really be an outlier, because I've always found X-Plane's interface much more user friendly, in all aspects including controller settings than FSX's.... Not even mention the one in DCS, which is for sure fully featured, or Rise of Flight, allowing for separate aircraft model settings, but hugely more complex.

Totally with you on this. Never understod the argument that XP interface is diffucult or hard to understand... I think it's quite the opposite.

• Upvote 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

It's supposed to be a major update in terms of autogen, though there aren't many preview images except those on the developer blog.

http://developer.x-plane.com/2016/03/x-plane-10-50/

The thing is, they have promised updates to the autogen for a long time, but it was always pushed back. So it's great it's finally coming to the sim.

Thank you Jimmy,  The pic looks good, very good.  I think i read somewhere (i could be wrong) that the Autogen update would Not be world wide but only to parts of america first?  

Should be interesting to see more up coming pics and coverage area 

I must really be an outlier, because I've always found X-Plane's interface much more user friendly, in all aspects including controller settings than FSX's.... Not even mention the one in DCS, which is for sure fully featured, or Rise of Flight, allowing for separate aircraft model settings, but hugely more complex.

That makes 2 lol. I really like the current design and have always found FSX/P3D's to be limiting and clunky!

I saw a bit in the YT video .. haven't seen anything else though.

Regarding coverage; Autogen depends on how good the OpenStreetMap's data is, i.e. a lot of Europe has very good OSM data so it should have equally good Autogen.

It is just an engine that will create a good representation depending on how accurate and complete the OSM data is & XP don't control OSM. Anyone can create an account and help update the data on OSM ... so if you find your area is under represented .. get busy updating OSM ;)

What makes 10.50 Autogen exciting is that they now use building height data as well (as evidenced in Jimmi's lnik) which gives a far more realistic representation of RW compared to previously.

• Upvote 1

I've not found many cities in OSM that have accurate height information. The best places are some of the major US cities and Germany. Time to get editing folks ;-)

• Upvote 2

Didn't X-plane use height information before? My understanding was that there was mainly a lack of art assets to fit the demand (especially highrises / tall buildings). My guess is that the code uses approximation or workarounds to some extend to make up for missing height data. We'll see soon.

What they showed on the FSC looked better than what was on the blog earlier. I think the number of art assets increased since. The pic on the developer blog had just a dozen of different objects/facades. Very repetitive.

Why should the autogen update be US only? I think it was only stated that there is still no regional autogen available and everything US-style.

Check the Devblog (comments). Release not gonna happen today.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

What makes 10.50 Autogen exciting is that they now use building height data as well (as evidenced in Jimmi's lnik) which gives a far more realistic representation of RW compared to previously.

Great, Thanks for that.

Check the Devblog (comments). Release not gonna happen today.

Unfortunately we'll have to wait a bit longer:

It won’t be released toady. I might be able to -cut- the beta today, but even if I do, it will need to be uploaded, which has to run overnight.

Shouldn't be long though.

MSFS / XP