Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Carenado 350I King Air released beware

Milviz please..

Carenado need to stick to simpler aircraft as they never fully flesh out and model the systems of King Air and higher level type planes.

• Upvote 1

Coincidentally, these days I find myself looking forward to Carenado / Alabeo releases, but only because this means that one day down the road there's a chance that a highly improved & refined X-Plane version will be in the works. :wink:

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Coincidentally, these days I find myself looking forward to Carenado / Alabeo releases, but only because this means that one day down the road there's a chance that a highly improved & refined X-Plane version will be in the works. :wink:

I lean towards them if it's XP10 we're talking about  :smile:

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I bought it. Looks good but - there's a problem in P3D3.35 - to be fair - I have not yet determined whether it is my fault or theirs.

Loaded a/c - used popup to select ready for taxi - engines started fine - took off and flew for about 5 min - both engines lost power - plenty of fuel. Several lights in annunciator but a few were incorrect according to the switches.

something not right

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I bought it. Looks good but - there's a problem in P3D3.35 - to be fair - I have not yet determined whether it is my fault or theirs.

Loaded a/c - used popup to select ready for taxi - engines started fine - took off and flew for about 5 min - both engines lost power - plenty of fuel. Several lights in annunciator but a few were incorrect according to the switches.

something not right

Vic

Using 3.5 here flew for 1/2 hour - kept on flying thats weird - maybe a switch that needs to be on after take off but I have p3d difficultie setting on easy

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

I recall reading that for the C90GTx they coded a very crude "realism/failure scenario" that shuts down the engines if you run over max torque for ~5 minutes.  I guess we see that again here.

something not right

Vic

• Upvote 1

I recall reading that for the C90GTx they coded a very crude "realism/failure scenario" that shuts down the engines if you run over max torque for ~5 minutes.  I guess we see that again here.

That sounds right guess I did not exceed that limit - probably dont want to floor it and maybe my p3d sensitivity settings didn't allow it

Rich Sennett

something not right

Overtorque.

I don't have the C90GTx nor the new 350i, but this is exactly what happens with their F406 if you fail to reduce RPM and power for about 5 minutes after take-off.

No idea how close to real this is, hopefully KenG will chime in to explain.

Are they offering a discount just as they did with the C90GTx if you've purchased their other King Air model??

Are they offering a discount just as they did with the C90GTx if you've purchased their other King Air model??

Dont think so

Rich Sennett

something not right

Vic

Did you over-torque the engines? They modeled over-torque in the C90GTX, so I would assume they did here, too.

Overtorque.

I don't have the C90GTx nor the new 350i, but this is exactly what happens with their F406 if you fail to reduce RPM and power for about 5 minutes after take-off.

That's probably it. I noticed the torque indicator flashing red but I ignored it as I was checking other stuff. Didn't realize they modeled a failure.

Will double check.

edit: - yup - that was the problem.

HOWEVER - a different issue - I am getting 5-10 sec pauses every now and then - pause - continue - only happens with this a/c.

thanx!

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

My first impression is quite good. As always with Carenado, very good VC and exterior texturing. Nice handling with AP in HDG, VS and ALTSEL modes; flight dynamics are Ok also. Need more test with other instruments, like FMC.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Is there a way to avoid or to disable this realism/failure scenario feature?

Cheers,

Mark

Overtorque.

If you are asking if the engine will fail after 5 minutes of being overtorqued, well we tend to not operate aircraft that way and abide by the manufactures limitations. The only known failure because of an overtorque that I am aware of was a King Air 200 that experienced a reduction gear box failure and the propeller departed the aircraft. After Pratt and Whitney analysed the engine post incident it was determined that during rebuild the torque indicating system was set low. The engine had been overtorqued inadvertently many hours. 

Material failures of the PT6A engine, even due to abuse by crews tend to be rare events. It is absolutely amazing the abuse these little engines can take. While I don't think a five minute failure is realistic, I can understand the thought process. These airplanes do not have FADECs and are not meant to be flown by just firewalling the power levers. Looks like Carenado is going to make you think about power settings with these turboprops. 

There is absolutely a way to avoid this failure, don't overtorque the engines. Maximum power setting for the PT6A-60 series engines is 100% Torque with a transient of 156% for 20 seconds. You can get away with 102% torque for 7 minutes. After 5 minutes between 100% to 102% the torque indication will turn yellow. After 7 minutes between 100% to 102% the torque indication will turn red. From 102% to 156% torque the indication should be yellow for the first 20 seconds then turn red. Once you see red torque indication you have overtorqued the airplane. 

For any engine limitation that is exceeded if the engine cannot be maintained within limits it is recommended to perform an engine shutdown. If the engine can be returned within limits it is recommended to reduce power on the engine and make a landing at the first suitable filed to have an inspection performed. Beechcraft leaves this up to the owner/operator of the aircraft to make the determination and I am providing a conservative approach.

• Upvote 4