Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Carenado 350I King Air released beware

jop dop ... wait on MILVIZ too :) I have purchased since Alpha build .. will be released before end this year. 

Sorry but carenado systems = garbage/waste .. for me

• Upvote 3

No issues with the 350 so far, but haven't done a long flight yet.

Cheers, Rob.

Great video Rob.

Those Carenado graphics inside/outside just look fantastic.

I believe the FDE is also quite good, I haven't tested all systems yet.

Really? the FDE is good?

How would you know? Are you a real pilot? Do you have time in a real 350i?

Ciao!

Really? the FDE is good?

How would you know? Are you a real pilot? Do you have time in a real 350i?

Real Pilot No

Been in one Yes

Simmer for 30+ years only. Bought most good and bad planes.

I wrote I believe, and ultimately the opinion that really counts for me is mine.

How about You?

Have you bought it?

Are you type rated in it?

Can you tell us what flaws you found?

No issues with the 350 so far, but haven't done a long flight yet.

Wow. I guess that "no issues so far" does also include the PL21, right?

does also include the PL21, right?

No, why would you make that assumption?  See video ... that's not a long flight nor a test of the PL21 ... I would image the PL21 to be the same as the PL21 in the C90 GTX.

Cheers, Rob.

Wow. I guess that "no issues so far" does also include the PL21, right?

I will try the FMS tonight - should be fine - Point A to point B aircraft I know but I am fine with it - its all good

No, why would you make that assumption?  See video ... that's not a long flight nor a test of the PL21 ... I would image the PL21 to be the same as the PL21 in the C90 GTX.

Cheers, Rob.

Great video Rob - as always thanks for taking all the time to do this - ton of work  - thats why I dont   :wink:

Rich Sennett

How about You?
Have you bought it?
Are you type rated in it?
Can you tell us what flaws you found?

No, I have not bought it and the reason being. I don't think I need it. I have the C90GTX, B200, I don't see why I would need the 350i.

I'm not a real world pilot, so therefore not type rated in it.

I have not been in one, so +1 to you. Since you have been in one, then I'm assuming that the way the controls respond in flightsim, is what the real one felt?

no flaws, since I don't own it, That is why I'm here.  I know most Carenado planes go through this until other people fix them. 

• Upvote 2

Ciao!

No time to watch your video now, only later.

Sorry for asking, was just curious about your PL21 review.

Hey guys,

just want to bring my question up again: is there a way to avoid or to disable this realism/failure scenario feature?

Any feedback really appreciate

Sorry for asking, was just curious about your PL21 review.

Apology not needed at all, but what you do when you say things like "your PL21 review" it gives others (who also didn't watch the video) a sense I reviewed the PL21 ... which I didn't review it at all.  My video was a raw unedited this is what it looks like, this is what it sounds like, these are some of the visual features, and this is how it performs FPS wise.

Personally I've never considered Carenado aircraft to be heavy on systems and priced as such ... I've always viewed them as functional (not perfect) and visually pleasing aircraft that are enjoyable to fly.  For high level of accuracy and flight models and systems, then I look more at the Milviz, A2A, PMDG, Majestic, etc. level (and those are priced in a higher tier).

Cheers, Rob.

...liking that airport Rob...   which one is it, I might get it....

• Upvote 1

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

I wonder if people know the autopilot IAS mode in their older PC12 works great! I never understood why they couldn't implement that logic in their FLC functions with recent bizjets/bizprops?!?

Snap ......... this is what has always mystified me.   Apart from an initial 'dip' in pitch, for a second or two, the PC-12 IAS mode manages to hold speed perfectly.   The C551 is not bad at IAS (but not as tight as the PC-12) but in all their other aircraft with IAS / FLCH, it just seems unstable and a bit of a mess.   The Alabeo Corvalis FLCH mode was an absolute mess.

Bizarre.

Coincidentally, these days I find myself looking forward to Carenado / Alabeo releases, but only because this means that one day down the road there's a chance that a highly improved & refined X-Plane version will be in the works. :wink:

I know what you mean .... but it's not always the case.  the CAR PC-12 for FSX/P3D is tight in every area (including IAS mode).  In X-Plane it's one of their weakest offerings.   Have you seen the mess of the flight mode annunciator?   Just about every mode displays at once.  And the AP is a bit of a mess too.   When you select NAV mode (slaved to GPS), HDG will also stay lit on the AP....    The X-Plance PC-12 is a big disappointment compared to the FSX/P3D version IMHO.     In most other cases, the XP10 versions are superior.

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

Hey guys,

just want to bring my question up again: is there a way to avoid or to disable this realism/failure scenario feature?

Any feedback really appreciate

I gave you all the numbers you need. You don't need to disable it, just fly it correctly.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/490194-carenado-350i-king-air-released-beware/page-2#entry3438027