Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Carenado 350I King Air released beware

Just got it and completed a short flight.  Nothing spectacular, yet (as compared to my other Carenado a/c).  Have to read the manual I guess in order to re-familiarize myself with the avionics and I need to find the switch for the RUD BOOST (rudder boost?).  Also, couldn't set the ADF for some reason.

--WH

Just got it and completed a short flight.  Nothing spectacular, yet (as compared to my other Carenado a/c).  Have to read the manual I guess in order to re-familiarize myself with the avionics and I need to find the switch for the RUD BOOST (rudder boost?).  Also, couldn't set the ADF for some reason.

--WH

Rud boost switch is on the pedestal between the FMS and the cabin alt pressurization control. About the ADF, select ADF but pressing the white "dot" right of the ADF frequency, then you can select frequency by moving the cursor with the outer button (big part of the button) and change number by turing the inner button (small part of the button).  Sorry for my bad english just hope it helps.

Real Deraps

--WH

The Rudder Boost switch is down above the FMC's. I don't know if it's function is modeled beyond the warning light, but there you go.

I know what you mean .... but it's not always the case. the CAR PC-12 for FSX/P3D is tight in every area (including IAS mode). In X-Plane it's one of their weakest offerings. Have you seen the mess of the flight mode annunciator? Just about every mode displays at once. And the AP is a bit of a mess too. When you select NAV mode (slaved to GPS), HDG will also stay lit on the AP.... The X-Plance PC-12 is a big disappointment compared to the FSX/P3D version IMHO. In most other cases, the XP10 versions are superior.

I wasn't aware of the faults with the PC-12 as I'd never picked it up.  I've considered it in the past however, so that's good info to file away. I confess that I'm a bit surprised; Dan is pretty good with the conversions. The few Carenado / Alabeo aircraft for XP that I have picked up have been pretty darn stellar and a noticeable step above their FSX counterparts.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I picked it up as well. I've had the Milviz version since day one of it's early release. This is the first time I have to say that Carenado's textures are not as good as it's competitor. As far as systems are concerned, I will admit I'm one of those "lazy" guys that jumps in, creates a flight plan, and then calls up ATC after setting the AP, therefore I can't gripe about the systems it's lacking. I do have to say that it's flight dynamics are more stable than the Milviz though. The Milviz version does require a bit more elbow grease to fly than this one. Albeit the Milviz version isn't finalized yet, this one serves the purpose as a good fill-in until it's done. Just my opinion.

Gary

Albeit the Milviz version isn't finalized yet, this one serves the purpose as a good fill-in until it's done.

Yeah, exactly. Nice fill-in until the Milviz 350i is ready. Not more than that.

Mike

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

I wasn't aware of the faults with the PC-12 as I'd never picked it up.  I've considered it in the past however, so that's good info to file away. I confess that I'm a bit surprised; Dan is pretty good with the conversions. The few Carenado / Alabeo aircraft for XP that I have picked up have been pretty darn stellar and a noticeable step above their FSX counterparts.

Oh totally agree Jimmy.  I love Dan's work. He adds some real sparkle to a lot of the Carenado 'planes.  I think perhaps the issue with the PC-12 is that the avionics (and especially flight mode annunciation) are quite unique. They're not common across any other of Carenado aircraft, as many others are.  So I think perhaps some things got lost in translation, or messed up by how the default XP10 AP works, versus how the FSX/P3D AP works.   An example of some of the issues is that LVL (XP's default mode for 'Wing Leveler') stays on the FMA at all times; as soon as the AP in engaged.  On the real PC-12 there's no "LVL" annunciation at all.   There are also issues with HDG and NAV annunciations.    I have an intuition that some of the problems are caused by the aicraft using 2x default XP10 GNS530s, which can potentially be set independently between VLOC and GPS.   I think XP10 is getting confused somewhere along the line.    I should add that the plane flies nicely and the individual AP modes do all perform as intended.   It is just the avionics portrayal and annunciations that are messed up.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

I'm not going to get it.  Wonder if they got FLC working?  And the activate leg portion on the FMS 3000 - and the Direct functionality...

I just got it (P3D v3.3.5) and the DIR function DOES NOT work... and the NAV is very iffy. Not happy about that!

I just got it (P3D v3.3.5) and the DIR function DOES NOT work... and the NAV is very iffy. Not happy about that!

Some of the NAV select switches don't work either

My first impression is quite good. As always with Carenado, very good VC and exterior texturing. Nice handling with AP in HDG, VS and ALTSEL modes; flight dynamics are Ok also. Need more test with other instruments, like FMC.

Cheers,

I just got it (P3D v3.3.5) and the DIR function DOES NOT work... and the NAV is very iffy. Can't cycle through bearing source on the right lower select keys (FMS1 VOR2).  Not happy about that!

I gave you all the numbers you need. You don't need to disable it, just fly it correctly.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/490194-carenado-350i-king-air-released-beware/page-2#entry3438027

Ken just want to verify, when you say 100 torque, you are referring to N1 right?  I flew at 99.2% and the engine failed.  This is actually the C90 but I just wanted to make sure the numbers are correct.  I thought the limit was 1520 ft lb or something.

trq.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Torque for the 350i is in percentage.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Torque for the 350i is in percentage.

Ah that makes more sense.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hi Guys,

Could you check te engine behaviour for me please? Is it realistic (ok, near)  PT6? I mean the T/Q, ITT changes vs. altitude?

What about fuel flows/IAS? How close to RW perf numbers?

I personally do not care much about fancy graphics, rather system/ FDE oriented.

Appreciate your feed back,

Cheers,

Tamas

Ah that makes more sense.

I think I provided a similar thread on the C90GTx forum in which I give the limits for the C90. 

Maybe one of our search experts can find that link and post it. If not let me know and I'll be happy to post the numbers for the C90GTx in that forum.  

Many thanks Ken, I am very well aware of  Carenado turboprop "limitations" what I experienced with their PC-12 (thankfuly, some enthusiastic customers improved that a lot).

I just wanted to know if there is any improvement with this knew product?

If not, I will wait for the Milviz version.

Tamas