Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Carenado 350I King Air released beware

Trying to come back in topic.
I passed on so far hoping that Milviz would release their version soon. Unfortunately, their latest news offer no indication for a release date yet, only some nice PL21 screenshots followed by "we're working on".

I understand that the PL21 is incomplete and partially incorrect, and I had no expectations to the contrary, after experimenting their Hawker 850XP and other models. Beside that, is it so bad that nobody would recommend it? Ken, it is unclear to me whether you ended up buying it or not, sorry. Any suggestion?
Thanks

• Upvote 1

Posted by Ed: The term touchdown typically represents all wheels on the ground.

There are 2 point and 3 point touchdowns and most manuals state e.g.: after touchdown lower the nosewheel onto the runway. 

Not much room for Interpretation IMO.

Your argument is circular and rambling... constantly trying to find a "flaw" in something stated so that you can claim superiority.  Textbook trolling behavior.

I have the 350i and while it is visually stunning... it's systems are horribly inaccurate and the avionics isn't much to discuss either.  If you want a beautiful view and don't care about systems fidelity and top end avionics... then it's just fine.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Well it's not a dedicated avionics sim and for less than 40USD I don't expect a 'top end avionics simulation', especially not from Carenado/Alabeo.

It looks flies sounds and feels very nice. Looking at how much trouble Milviz had with their 737 avionics (inop stickers!) and TFDi with their 717 avionics I severly doubt that if their 350i ever appears that it will have a 100% functioning PL21 simulation either.  

Well it's not a dedicated avionics sim and for less than 40USD I don't expect a 'top end avionics simulation', especially not from Carenado/Alabeo.

It looks flies sounds and feels very nice. Looking at how much trouble Milviz had with their 737 avionics (inop stickers!) and TFDi with their 717 avionics I severly doubt that if their 350i ever appears that it will have a 100% functioning PL21 simulation either.  

Couldn't agree more as far as Milviz is concerned...

Regarding Milviz version, I cannot say anything about the PL21, but I heard a rumor that rest of the systems are planned to be pilot training-level. It means all of instrument visual clues will be the same as in the real aircraft.

Having said that, as this is a Carenado place, I believe Milviz references/questions should be addressed to their own subforum.

Tom

Ken, it is unclear to me whether you ended up buying it or not, sorry. Any suggestion?

AVSIM reviewed it here and it is a fair review: http://www.avsim.com/index.php/_/reviews/aircraft/review-carenado-350i-for-fsxp3d-r3795

Yes, I finally broke down and bought the Carenado King Air 350i, because as people have already remarked the other version is still in development. 

It is OK for what it is, stunning visual quality, very good FDE, and simplistic avionics/systems. But, it is not my first choice of King Air. 

Carenado and Alabeo aim at a specific price point and deliver for that price point ... this is not new, they've been operating this way for many many many years and it works for them.  More complexity costs more money ... it's that simple.  The investment risk increases as the complexity goes up.

Carenado and Alabeo are still around offering aircraft to both Xplane and FSX/P3D ... personally I think that's a good thing.

Cheers, Rob.