Sign in to follow this  
JPR

Problem with the ADF

Hello,

I have a problem with the ADF 1 of the pilot.

----

I start from "Ready for start" configuration.

=> All checklists are performed by the AFE, so all is OK : Before Start / After Start / Before Takeoff / Takeoff (Dry) / Cruise.

I fly in the range of an NDB beacon.
- I switch the good NDB frequency (in active frequency position) on the Bendix King KR 87 ADF
- On the Bendix KMA 24 Audio Panel, I switch on the "ADF 1" button : I hear the signal of the NDB, so I'm within the good range of the NDB.

The problem : the needle of the ADF 1 of the pilot does not move, whatever my course from the NDB. The needle always points at 12 0'clock.

Energy on the DC-6 :
- Battery => in up position (on Plane Battery)
- Batt & GND.PWR => ON (up position)
- the 4 generators (Generator Control) => all on up position
- Inverter # 1 and # 2 => ON (on up position)

Question : how to make the needle of the ADF active (pointing in the direction of the NDB beacon) ?

Thank's

Jean-Pierre Richaume

*** Jean-Pierre *** (french user)

X-Plane v12.0.9-rc5 - Windows 10 Pro // Laptop MSI GS75 Stealth dual screens ; RAM : 32 Go DDR4 @ 3200 MHz ; CPU: I9-10980HK @ 5.3 GHz ; GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 Super - VRAM 8 Go  ; 1 disk SSD : 2 To // Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + Saitek Throttle Quadrant + rudder pedals MFG Crosswing // TrackIR_5

Question : how to make the needle of the ADF active (pointing in the direction of the NDB beacon) ?

You sure you're looking at the correct gauge? The gauges here are for VORs only and for NDBs only. They aren't the ones that can switch between the two sources, as you'll find in more modern flight decks. The one for NDBs is at the top right. The one for VORs is center bottom.

Kyle Rodgers

Thank's Kyle for the answer :smile:

I was not looking for the good gauge. With the gauge at the top right, it's work fine. Thank's, problem solved.

I was looking for the the gauge (ref. 269 on the POH Manual, named also "Automatic Direction Finder 1") just at the right of the VOR gauge.

On this gauge just at the right of the VOR gauge, the Bendix King KI-227 ADF Indicator, the needle don't move,whatever my course from the NDB. With of course, the KR 87 tuned to an in-range and active station. The yellow needle on this gauge should have normally the same orientation as the needle on the NDB gauge at the top right (see page 112 on the POH Manual).

Am I wrong ?

-----

I love your aircraft, great job !

Jean-Pierre Richaume

X-Plane v12.0.9-rc5 - Windows 10 Pro // Laptop MSI GS75 Stealth dual screens ; RAM : 32 Go DDR4 @ 3200 MHz ; CPU: I9-10980HK @ 5.3 GHz ; GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 Super - VRAM 8 Go  ; 1 disk SSD : 2 To // Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + Saitek Throttle Quadrant + rudder pedals MFG Crosswing // TrackIR_5

Good, I'm not stupid :Party:

Thank's Kyle

Jean-Pierre Richaume