Sign in to follow this  
odai

Installing addons in P3D v3

Hello

I recently installed P3D v3 and am slightly confused as a first time user regarding the procedure for installing addons.

I was running the following addons before moving from FSX:

- REX Weather Architect

- REX Texture Direct

- MyTraffic 6.0a

- FS Global 2010

- Orbx FTX Global

As I understand, the official LM stance is that all addons must be installed outside of the main directory for P3D. This was fine for most of my addons, as the content is in directories outside of the P3D folder.

However, FTX Global was installed inside the main FSX folder. When I uninstalled then re-ran the installer for FTX, and selected P3D V3, the program created the content folder inside of the main P3D folder (I don't recall any option to install to another directory). I haven't tried any aircraft addons yet.

Does this procedure (installing into the main P3D folder) cause any issues? 

Thanks

Odai.

No issues at all. LM advices to install outside of the folder but it's not mandatory. I myself simply install everything into the folder the addon installer points towards. Some addons, like FTX Global, even need to be inside the P3D folder (because it overwrites default files). REX will also install its textures into the P3D folder. Reinstalling or updating P3D may be easier when addons are installed the way LM wants to, that's the idea behind this all, but even that isn't always the case. I wouldn't worry about this at all. Install and enjoy. ;)

Thanks for your response!

I suspected as much - I'm guessing the only drawback is that I would need to reinstall whatever addons are installed into the main directory (so FTX Global and I'm guessing every aircraft addon) whenever I need to reinstall P3D?