Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Carenado King Air 350i shot

Great shot Rich!

Does VS mode still bust altitude? It will on their C90 unless you press ALT first then VS. in the real plane the autopilot will never go through the altitude you select during climb or dsecent.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I've only flown it a few times Ryan and the VS worked perfectly.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Seems like a decent looking aircraft Richard (aren't all Carenado's? :smile: ).  But for those that want more realism, aircraft like this do not climb in VS mode in realistic operation.   If a FLCH or IAS hold mode is availabe, it will be used in climb, as it offers stall protection which VS does not.    Climbing using VS feels too much like the default FSX/P3D airliners for me - just not realistic for this type of aircraft.  

Not judging those that want or can enjoy aircraft like this, with a more basic or fun operation.   But for those that want that little more realism (and after all, CAR do claim that these aircraft have FLCH, even though it never works properly), can this aircraft really be recommended? Or it just recommended in terms of it's eye candy appeal?

Hi Bill - picked up late last night havent tried FLC yet but will and fms

Great shot Rich!

Does VS mode still bust altitude? It will on their C90 unless you press ALT first then VS. in the real plane the autopilot will never go through the altitude you select during climb or dsecent.

As Vic stated VS works perfectly didnt touch anything but FD put in altitude and it went to it spot on - descending also spot on - really need to learn the workings of a turbo prop and setup throttle quadrant for it 

Rich Sennett

Seems like a decent looking aircraft Richard (aren't all Carenado's? :smile: ).  But for those that want more realism, aircraft like this do not climb in VS mode in realistic operation.   If a FLCH or IAS hold mode is availabe, it will be used in climb, as it offers stall protection which VS does not.    Climbing using VS feels too much like the default FSX/P3D airliners for me - just not realistic for this type of aircraft.  

Not judging those that want or can enjoy aircraft like this, with a more basic or fun operation.   But for those that want that little more realism (and after all, CAR do claim that these aircraft have FLCH, even though it never works properly), can this aircraft really be recommended? Or it just recommended in terms of it's eye candy appeal?

Great shot Rich!

I've only flown it a few times Ryan and the VS worked perfectly.

Vic

Ok used VS to get to altitude went right to it - changed the altitude no VS hit FLC went right to it up or down - would have got there faster using VS but wanted to see what it does - wish they all worked like this especially the Hawker

Now anyone know how to turn on the Baro screen oh and yaw damper would not turn on what am I doing wrong 

Rich Sennett

VNAV worked perfectly also brought me right down to the runway also FMS worked perfectly - wow

One problem getting real bad blurry ground textures and disappearing autogen - not good finally get a Careando that works and now this - always something

Rich Sennett

Hi Rich

" always something"

That is going to be my epitaph

Here lies steve brokenhearted

P3D crashed

He then departed.

steve :smile:

• Upvote 1