Sign in to follow this  
kriapstable

How to get an RC exe again for reinstalation

Hello,

I purchased RC last year and I changed my OS in march.

Everything including FSX and other fsx apps disappeared. So i need the installation file of RC. When i follow the link provided after purchasing it says that the link has expired. I have already written an email to info@... but no reply whatsoever.

Please help me or return my money back. 50 euros it is :)) joking. just give me the exe file please.

I love RC by the way, the simplest though the best atc on the market.

Best regards,

Ovid,

You really should backup your installation file to prevent a problem like this.

Write to jd@jdtllc.com giving your name and email address. JD will send you the link.

I suggest you edit your post and remove your email address.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I have already written to both info and address given by you. No reply. I am not an active user of this forum so i have no idea how i edit my post :) 

I've made JD aware of your problem. There is an edit button on your posts so you can make changes.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thank you so much!!!

I cannot edit the 1st post, it stands only report over here. But reported it and asked for email deletion. 

The edit option is only available for a limited time. Hopefully you'll hear from JD soon. :smile:

I see the moderator has removed your email address. :smile:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I am not sure how long this takes...but no one has contacted me yet...Guys listen, the application costs 50 Euro...some good quick service would be appreciated ;)  

Errr  its  been  a  day   since  your last post,   least  give  jd  some  time  to respond

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I've written to his private email address so I know he will read it. That's all I can do.

And a reminder... backup, backup, backup as none of this would have been necessary if you had. External HD is ideal. :wink:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thank you for this advice. However, currently all providers of the software are supposed to offer the possibility to re download already bought software. The save of exe files on external HD drivers is becoming less and less attractive for future customers as all already purchased software is based on cloud storage. It is just my opinion which in this case would have saved a lot of my and certainly your time ;) have a good day and thank you so much for help!   

I know many vendors allow you to download software already purchased but that means visiting multiple sites.

If you backup all your purchases on a home-based system then you have all your eggs in one basket. That's why I have a NAS box. It holds all my PC backups too.

Each to their own. I don't believe external HDs are becoming less attractive as system backups are needed and the costs are reducing all the time. Presumably you do backup up your FS installation and the computer in general?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Not really. :) The thing with FSX is that sometimes I start wondering if I spend more time on playing it or fixing it. With the new PC I purchased recently good changes have come: fsx stopped to crash, the fsx steam has been fixed and the add ons work just fine. But sometimes I test new add ons on the market and when fsx gets too crowded the problem appear. So in that case i just re download everything, re install the fresh tabula rasa copy of everything. And it works. As i have pretty fast Internet connection, it takes less time to download the instant of the app then to wait till it copies nd pastes.  

Besides, am not so much into cloud storage topic as i dont know many facts, so i might agree with you as well. Just need to go to the local it shop and get a copy of hd. 

If you have a problem with a particular addon just uninstall it. No need to wipe FSX and start again. :o

Anyway, this isn't a discussion about system backups (or not) but a reminder that having a copy of the RC update would have saved you this problem. JD and Doug sell RC4 privately so they don't have to pay a vendor for storing it for them. Otherwise the price would be higher.

Just something to bear in mind. :wink:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Certainly, you are right. :) Just I hope that I get this asap, I love the software and i am sort of impatient kinda person. Good luck and thnx again.