Sign in to follow this  
kriapstable

How to get an RC exe again for reinstalation

Can you please post here when you receive the link. Helps people knowing support works. Thanks.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I always burn my downloaded install file and a text copy of my license information to a CD/DVD. Most systems have this drive. If not, consider a large USB "stick" drive which can be updated up to 500 times or more. I have on my Win 7 64 system a 32 GB thumb drive available for this purpose. This way updated installs can be overwritten or accommodated as I wish.

This avoids having to download again a time consuming large file like for RC.

Excellent. JD confirmed he had sent you the link.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hello again.... I have a problem now with registration :) ...no key is being sent to me. I use the program itself to generate the request form and no key. I have really no luck this time.

The process is automated and will supply a key if the correct format is used in the email.

Please recheck you have followed the instructions in this message from JD,

http://www.avsim.com/topic/448799-if-you-need-help-read-this/

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hello, I have sent maybe 5 requests using both the applications request form and the manual input of information. None of this helped me to get the key. Please, check the system or help me in other ways to obtain the key. I can provide you with all buying information needed. I hope this will be fixed soon. Thanks.

If you're not receiving your key have you checked your spam folder. It may be sitting there.

If it isn't then you must be doing something wrong because as I said yesterday, the process will automatically send an email with your product key if it's satisfied with the format of the email.

If you can't resolve it write to jd@jdtllc.com.

I'm sorry, this is all I am permitted to do.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

kriapstable, I understand from JD that everyone who has requested a key has received one.

Perhaps you could confirm that please?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

strange   this  one,  to the op  you  only  got  I  email account   and  not  several   since  the  link  might be  going  to one  of  you other  email accounts, or  that you misspelt  your  email  to get the rc   download  link 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

As we haven't heard from our friend I can only assume he has received his key but didn't feel he wanted to let us know. :sad:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

As per your advice re backing up RC4 on page 1, are there files asides from those in rcv4 & rcv4x that need backing up e.g. in the registry or windows system files? Sorry to drag up a done and dusted thread.

btw I just reinstalled and got re-licensed in the space of about 15 minutes tonight by e-mail. Very pleased there is still continued support as regards the licensing though I suspect one day it may not be there hence the question.

TIA.

The easiest option is to save the downloaded install file. Everything comes from that. Hopefully you have kept that safe somewhere.

I'm pretty certain RC4 doesn't write to the registry. Backing up the entire RC folder should suffice.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather