Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

ASN SP5 in P3D 3.2 volumetric fog straight line.

Has anyone ever seen this?  When I fly in the mountains in P3D with ASN SP5 I see what you see in the screenshot as a very straight line of fog.  I posted to HiFi and Damien said it was P3D and not ASN.

I have FSX with ASN SP4 and have never once seen this.

Can anyone confirm that they see this also in P3D?

If so is there a fix?  Can it be fixed?  I have changed every conceivable setting to no avail.

It looks terrible.

y21UCjd.png

Jack Sawyer

I saw this yesterday, after updating to 6004. Never saw it before the update.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

I saw this yesterday, after updating to 6004. Never saw it before the update.

What is 6004 Mike?  Is that ASN SP5? 

Jack Sawyer

Hey Jack,

6004 is the current build of the ASN SP5 beta. And I've noticed these fog/haze lines in P3D but never as pronounced as in P3Dv3.3.5. Also see the lines when using Pilot's FSG Real Weather.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Hey Jack,

6004 is the current build of the ASN SP5 beta. And I've noticed these fog/haze lines in P3D but never as pronounced as in P3Dv3.3.5. Also see the lines when using Pilot's FSG Real Weather.

Thank you Jay, so I guess it really is P3D's fault.  I have 3.2 and you're seeing it in 3.3.5.  It's sure ruins the immersion, FSX was better for me.

Jack Sawyer

I no longer have FSX installed so can't compare, but P3D offers many more pluses and is still evolving. Problem might be addressed in a future upgrade.

BTW, I have Volumetric Fog turned off.

-J

I no longer have FSX installed so can't compare, but P3D offers many more pluses and is still evolving. Problem might be addressed in a future upgrade.

BTW, I have Volumetric Fog turned off.

Jay, when you say it's turned off do you mean in ASN or P3D?

And does it help?

Jack Sawyer

I to have the SP5.997 beta for ASN and I noticed that as soon as I switched from FSX to P3d v3.2 before I tried the ASN beta

So I don't think its asn. 

However, as much as I hate that, what I hated more in FSX was the clouds/fog flickering all over the place when they would contact a mountain edge.

This only happens when you approach the exact top of the fog, For me its blurry above and below, but even... its bad like this.

Ciao!

I to have the SP5.997 beta for ASN and I noticed that as soon as I switched from FSX to P3d v3.2 before I tried the ASN beta

So I don't think its asn. 

However, as much as I hate that, what I hated more in FSX was the clouds/fog flickering all over the place when they would contact a mountain edge.

This only happens when you approach the exact top of the fog, For me its blurry above and below, but even... its bad like this.

Yeah, I'm with ya on the FSX clouds flickering.

Oh well, it's just something I'll have to live with.  But it stinks because I do a LOT of FSEconomy flying in Alaska in ASN weather and will be sing this a lot now that I'm migrating from FSX.

Nothing's perfect is it?

Jack Sawyer

Jay, when you say it's turned off do you mean in ASN or P3D?

And does it help?

In P3D.

Also, I'm playing around with PTA shader changes (tweaks?) which might make the fog/haze lines more noticeable. PTA is a new subforum under Prepar3D here at Avsim.

-J

In P3D.

Also, I'm playing around with PTA shader changes (tweaks?) which might make the fog/haze lines more noticeable. PTA is a new subforum under Prepar3D here at Avsim.

Ok, I will untick Volumetric Fog in P3D.  Does it help?

I saw that thread from Adam, he sent me here from Orbx, he's a good guy.

I don't think I'll be messing with PTA, it looks too intimidating to me, way over my head or knowledge base.

I'm more of a pilot than a programmer. 

I don't have the time or patience to do what some of you guys do and I'm envious of you guys' knowledge.

Thanks Jay!

Jack Sawyer

I have and have made changes with the PTA. 

I love the blue haze in the distance, very nice. 

I'm afraid we are stuck with this line.

Ciao!