Sign in to follow this  
Heimi

DTGFS coming up next DA42 and... ?

Did it come with any new missions/training lessons?

Yep. The shots come from the one-engine landing lesson for the DA-42.

Also, I am pretty satisfied with ground textures, it seems that a lot of work has been done there. In addition, no microstutters at all now, smooth as butter. Unfortunately, clouds and sky colors continue very bad as usual.

But I am more positive now than I was after the first release (in view of the full sim).

Yep. The shots come from the one-engine landing lesson for the DA-42.

Do the lessons get into critical engine (most adverse effect) failure on takeoff? Just curious.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Do the lessons get into critical engine (most adverse effect) failure on takeoff? Just curious.

Yes, there is a specific lesson for the DA-42 with one-engine failure both before and after take-off.

Base flight school for the DA-42 is Koblenz, Germany.

Quite pleased with the update so far. The DA-42 runs very smooth on my laptop, though at lower FPS than the Cub. I wish I could turn down the light scattering effect though.

The G1000 was kind of a hard-hitter on FPS in FSX as I recall.

Barry Friedman

A couple nice things I noticed post-update:

Both the GPS295 and G1000 and are working pretty well. They fixed some GPS bugs where it would not display waypoint info or procedures, and the sim doesn't crash if you mess with the different pages, waypoint info, approach procs etc.

This might be a pre-update feature but I noticed that if you disable pause on task switch, the audio doesn't cut out when switching to another program. I like to switch over to my browser to look at charts etc and it's real nice to not have the audio cut off. In FSX I paid for a $15 addon for the same feature.

Barry Friedman