Sign in to follow this  
mataus

P3D crashes when monitor switched off

Hi all,

I'm posting here as I'm hoping those that do long haul flights may have had something similar to what I'm experiencing. During long flights I switch off my monitor, which I've done for years without issues, but now when I switch it back on, P3D crashes.

About 6 weeks ago I upgraded (completely clean install) to Win 10 Pro 64 and did a clean install of P3D v3.3.5 when it was released. I currently only have a few add-ons installed while I configure my set up.

I've been doing some long hauls to ensure I have no memory or scenery issues and this is where the problem is. I've been using the PMDG 777 for the flights and using either an add-on scenery or default and also with/without AS Next.

When I switch the monitor back on the screen is black and as soon as I hit the keyboard or click the mouse the sim crashes. As I say, I've never had this issue under Win 7 or MSFS / P3D up to v3.2.  I still have more testing to do with different aircraft, but is this a Win 10 issue, Nvidia driver or something else?

Thanks, Matt  -|-  Win 10 Pro 64, 7820X @ 4.6Ghz, Corsair H115i, Asus Strix X299, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance, MSI RTX 2080ti, Samsung C49RG90, CH Pedals, Saitek Yoke, Aviator Joystick & 2x Throttles, TrackIR, VRinsight MCP Combo, XP11, P3D v3.4 & v4.5 Pro and way too many add-ons to mention! Simming since '95. Flying since '98.

During long flights I switch off my monitor, which I've done for years without issues, but now when I switch it back on, P3D crashes.

This is something to report to LM. We didn't design P3D.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle,

I have posted in the LM forum, only posted here incase others have had a similar issue and it's not P3D that's the problem.

Thanks, Matt  -|-  Win 10 Pro 64, 7820X @ 4.6Ghz, Corsair H115i, Asus Strix X299, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance, MSI RTX 2080ti, Samsung C49RG90, CH Pedals, Saitek Yoke, Aviator Joystick & 2x Throttles, TrackIR, VRinsight MCP Combo, XP11, P3D v3.4 & v4.5 Pro and way too many add-ons to mention! Simming since '95. Flying since '98.

I have posted in the LM forum, only posted here incase others have had a similar issue and it's not P3D that's the problem.

If it's not P3D, it's a driver issue. A single product within a sim platform isn't going to cause something like that.

Kyle Rodgers

You think maybe more Nvidia? Maybe I'll have to try an older driver. In the event log it always shows a different module that's caused the crash, which is why I didn't necessarily think it may have been the display driver.

You think maybe more Nvidia? Maybe I'll have to try an older driver. In the event log it always shows a different module that's caused the crash, which is why I didn't necessarily think it may have been the display driver.

Perhaps...

In any case, if it worked before and has recently stopped working, it isn't the 777. We haven't changed the code in quite some time, so look for where changes occurred to cause a change in behavior.

Kyle Rodgers

Remember to clean up any old driver remnants with DDU; http://www.wagnardmobile.com/ Make sure you get a nice, clean installation.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Remember to clean up any old driver remnants with DDU; http://www.wagnardmobile.com/ Make sure you get a nice, clean installation.

I'll be sure to use that

Perhaps...

In any case, if it worked before and has recently stopped working, it isn't the 777. We haven't changed the code in quite some time, so look for where changes occurred to cause a change in behavior.

I didn't think it would be the 777.

By the way, good work by the PMDG team again regarding the DC6. Loving that on XP10